35. This Is Jealousy Isnt It?

"Oh you're still alive. I was beginning to worry." My mom tells me looking over the top of whatever celebrity gossip magazine she's reading.

It's 1.30pm on a Sunday and I've only just woken up.

"I guess I was tired." I shrug picking a banana out of the fruit bowl in the middle of the dining table.

My mother looks at me, putting her magazine down on the table.

Great. I know exactly what's coming.

She must have been waiting all morning to ask me a million questions about Riley.

Now here's her chance.

But she is not getting anything from me.

"What?" I ask her as I take a bite of the banana.

"I don't know Harry, is there something you want to tell me?"

Hell no.

"Not that I can think of."

"You don't want to tell me why Riley was running across my yard at gone 3am?"

Knew it.

I roll my eyes at her constant inquisition. "The real question is, why were you strolling through the door past 3am mother? Where were you?" I ask getting up from the table, walking over to the fridge to grab a carton of orange juice.

This is going to be good.

I grab a glass from the cabinet and pour myself a drink before sitting back down.

"What kind of message are you sending to the younger generation coming home at that time in the morning, drunk off your ass I may add. Does dad know about your drunken late night antics?"

"I-" she begins to say before I cut her off.

"I think you need some time to reflect on your behaviour."

The confusion on her face is priceless right now and I'm trying my hardest not to laugh.

"I'm going to have a shower." I tell her, excusing myself from the table, turning my back on her to walk out of the kitchen.

"Well played Harry!" She shouts from behind me. "Don't think we are done here. We will talk about this later."

That's where the woman is wrong.

I'm avoiding this at all costs.

I need to find something to do today so I don't have to have the dreaded conversation with my mother.

...

"What's your obsession with taking photos of everything recently?" I ask Niall, watching him take a photo of the popcorn and coke we purchased from the refreshment stand a couple of minutes ago.

My phone vibrates in my pocket and I pull it out to look at it.

Niall tagged me in a photo.

I roll my eyes as I click on the notification. "And your constant hash-tagging. Hash tag Sunday vibes with my boy." I quote the stupid picture that he tagged me in on Instagram.

"Dude it's instagram, that's what you do."

"Since when did you start instagramming everything?" I look through Niall's profile quickly and laugh when I see the amount of selfies he has taken over the last few days. "Dude, I think you need to get out more."

"Oh yeah? What have you been doing all weekend then Styles?"

"At home. Studying."

Oh my god, biggest lie ever.