8. The Styles Special

"Harry?" the gentle voice says beside me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you always drive this fast? Not that I don't enjoy it, just I don't particularly want to die on my first day of school." she jokes.

I cough awkwardly. "I'm sorry, i didn't realise." I slow down the car and shift in my seat.

"That's ok, you went all fast and furious on me there. Have you seen those films? Pretty cool." she chuckles.

I can't help but chuckle too. "Yeah I've seen them."

We drive into the student parking lot, I quickly find a space and park my car.

She lets out a big sigh before she undoes her seatbelt. I put my hand on her shoulder and she turns to look at me.

"Nervous?" I ask her.

"A little bit yeah. I'll be fine though, don't worry about me. Thanks for the lift Harry I really appreciate it." she smiles at me and gets out.

We walk together to the school entrance.

"If you could point me into the right direction of the office that would be perfect."

"You sure you don't want me to take you? I don't mind." I tell her as she studies my face.

"I'm ok Harry, thanks though."

"Its just the 5th door down on your right as you go in."

As she was just about to give me a hug I hear someone call me from across the lot.

"Styles!" The voice shouts.

My head darts over to the direction it's coming from.

Great.

Louis Tomlinson. The biggest dick of the school. But part of my group of friends none the less. I don't even know why I'm friends with half of the people here.

"What's up Tommo?" I ask as he approaches me and Riley.

"Oh, who do we have here?" His eyes rake up and down Riley's body and then he looks at me. "Latest conquest H?"

I awkwardly clear my throat. He is such an asshole.

"I'm gonna go, I'll ask my mom for a lift home. Thanks again Harry." She practically runs inside like she couldn't get away quick enough.

Louis's eyes dart back to me. "Are you fucking her?"

"No I'm not fucking her." I say shaking my head. "She moved in next door. I just gave her a lift to school, no big deal."

"You're going to fuck her though?"

I shrug my shoulders.

"Of course you are, its you." he laughs. "Fuck them and chuck them right?"

"The Styles special." I say causing Louis to laugh hysterically.

...

Once the bell rings, I take my time getting to the first class of the day.

English.

I finally make my way inside the class and take my usual seat besides Niall.

"Morning honey." Niall greets me with a wink.

I respond with a nod and slam my head on the desk.

"No need to be so dramatic Harold, we all know school sucks. But we can get through this together." he takes my hand in his and kisses it.

I pull my hand away in disgust causing him to laugh loudly.

"Mr Horan, quieten down!" Miss Harper shouts from her desk.

"Sorry for being happy!" he shouts back. "Miserable shrew." he whispers to me and I quietly laugh.

About 10 minutes later the door opens, causing everyone's head, including my own to look up.

Riley runs in stumbling a little but manages not to fall over.

"Sorry I'm late." she apologises as she walks over to Miss Harper's desk handing her a note.

"I suggest you don't be late for my class anymore Miss.." she puts on her glasses and looks at the piece of paper. "Payne."

Riley looks embarrassed.

"Cut her some slack, she's new!" Niall shouts across the room. Riley looks over and smiles, tucking her hair behind her ear.

Trust Niall to swoop in and be the hero.

"Oh Mr Horan, would you like detention on your first day?"

"Not particularly."

Miss Harper brings her attention back to Riley. "Miss Payne please take a seat."

Payne? I've heard that name before somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it.

Riley takes the empty seat next to Niall. "Thanks for sticking up for me."

"No biggie" Niall shrugs. "She's a bitch."

Riley pulls out a folder, a pen and some sort of recording device from her bag and places them on the desk in front of her.

"What's that?" Niall asks pointing to the recorder.

"I record all my classes so I can play them back later. Because of you know.." she points to her hearing aid. "I don't like sitting near the front just to read her lips properly. This way if I miss anything I have it recorded and my mom helps me out."

"I can take some notes for you." I quickly respond.

What the fuck? I don't even take notes for myself and here I am offering to help her.

Niall gives me a weird look. I know exactly what he is thinking.

Riley's eyes widen. "Oh my god Harry, thank you so much, that will be a great help. You are the best, has anyone ever told you that before?" She giggles.

Cute.

"Maybe a few times." a smirk playing on my lips.

Great.

Why am I such an idiot? I clearly don't think before I speak. She makes me say and do stupid shit.

Now I actually have to pay attention to this bullshit class because I promised her some stupid fucking notes.

Good one Harry.

A/N sorry about the short chapter but hope you like it.

Please Like, share and comment

Love you all
XXX