46. Who The Fuck Is Catherine?

As soon as I step out of Riley's car my father opens my front door and walks outside, looking over in my direction.

They must have been looking out of the window the whole day, waiting for me come home as if they have had nothing better to do.

"Great." I groan rolling my eyes.

Not only do I have to listen to them lecture me, I also missed out on the opportunity to have my head buried in between Riley's legs, so now I'm even more annoyed then before.

Parents are the ultimate cock blocks.

"Another time." Riley tells me as she kisses me on the cheek and politely waves to my dad. "Text me later."

I watch her as she walks inside before I decide to approach my pissed off father.

"Where have you been?" He asks through gritted teeth.

"School." I tell him as I walk straight past him into the house.

"School finished 2 hours ago Harry." He slams the door behind him as he follows me in. "What have you been doing?"

"I had detention. No big deal." I shrug.

I try walking up the stairs before my dad stops me.

"I don't think so young man. Take a seat in the kitchen, me and your mother wish to speak with you."

"If you're going to ground me can you just get it over with so I can go upstairs." I sigh as I walk into the kitchen where my mother is sitting at the table. She's definitely annoyed with me because she hasn't even looked up at me.

She can't make eye contact with me if she's trying to scold me for something I have done. That's why she gets my dad to the dirty work so she don't have too.

"What happened to you yesterday?"

"Nothing happened. I'm fine."

I don't want to have this conversation, I just want him to ground me because I know that's what's going to happen and I can go up to my room and text Riley instead.

"You skipped school, went all the way across town to see Mitch, who we banned you from seeing after last time."

"I know what I did dad."

"You didn't answer your phone calls or texts. You could have been dead in a ditch Harry. You can't do things like this and expect no consequences."

"Mhmm." I don't have anything to say and I'm trying not to be rude.

"And let's not forgot your attitude yesterday morning towards me at breakfast. What was wrong with you?" He asks.

I'm getting sick and tired of the constant questions about my attitude when most of it is to do with them keeping fucking secrets from me.

"Nothing." I shrug trying my hardest not to say all the shit I wanna say.

"Nothing? Are you kidding me?" He says slamming his hands down on the table and making my mother jump.

"David, just calm down." She says quietly.

"Talk to us Harry. How are we meant to help you when we don't know what's going on in your head. Are we going backwards? Are you drinking and smoking again?"

"No I'm not." I tell him. There's no way I'm going to slip up at that bad again.

I know going to Mitchell's yesterday was a mistake but I was so used to it from before it was just an initial reaction.

"Then what is it? Something must have happened for you to behave the way you did yesterday."

Fuck it.