Not a big deal? (Max Verstappen)

***Request from @bonfirelohve Hope you will like it***

----------------------------

Being a girlfriend of an f1 drivers wasn't so bad, especially if you were a fan: as usual, you were waiting for the race start at Red Bull garage, because your boyfriend is the famous Max Verstappen.

- Wish me good luck. - he winked at you. You were a little... No. You were very worried because its heavy rain.

- Good luck, Max.

He gave you a light squeeze on the hand and left for the car, that was already standing on the track. You sighed and turned to Christian Horner, who was leaving as well.

- Mr Horner? He will be okay, right?

- Of course he will, don't worry. - he said warmly and shook you by the shoulders.

***

The luck wasn't on Red Bull's side today for sure. Rain wasn't even planning to stop, but did not become stronger as well. Cars already made 4 laps under safe car and it was the last one. You wished the opposite, but as soon as safe car left, drivers speeded up. And thats when Max couldn't handle the car and spin off the track into the barriers. The car was totally destroyed, there were no signs of nose existing and parts of the bolid were all around the track.

- MAX?! - you jumped from your seat and ran outside, not giving a heck about the heavy rain. You saw that Horner tried to connect with Max.

- Are you okay, mate? Are you okay?

You saw that Christian nod saying that Max is okay. You breathed out and slowly returned to the boxes.

After a while Verstappen came back as well, totally wet because he didn't want to take a bike, but as he was in the helmet, his hair were dry. He took it off and rushed to the motorhome without even approaching you.

You followed him

You followed him. Max was sitting alone in the room, looking at the TV and other cars, that continued the race under yellow flags.

- Max? I know that you are sad, but believe me, its not a big deal, you could...

Not a... Big deal. - he repeated roughly. - Wow. Did you really just say that? - his eyes were full of anger and got a dark blue color. You took a step back.

- It... It was a big crash and comparing to that yes, it was not! - you raised your voice.

- Hah, you know it will be better if you just leave me alone. -

- Are you serious right now? You are asking me to go away? Now?

- Yes, thats what I am exactly doing!- he shouted. - Leave me alone!

You felt upcoming tears but didn't want to show him the weakness, so you did what he asked for. When you were leaving the motorhome, Christian Horner was entering right that second.

- Y/N, are you crying? - he asked.

- No, Im fine. - you said and started to walk away faster, making the way to the hotel, not wanting to be there any more minute.

*****

Rain didn't stop and grey clouds were attacking sky even more. The best time to sit with a cup of hot chocolate. Finding a more comfortable place on the sofa, you were looking at the track from the hotel caffe, thinking about the argument you had with Max. You didn't want to hurt him or show that the race wasn't important, but that moment all you could think about was his health and safety.

- Y/N? - you heard from behind. Turning your head you faced with a bouquet of your favorite flowers and Max, who was looking at you with a light smile, but puppy eyes. He took a seat next to you. - I am so sorry, I acted like an idiot, selfish idiot. Actually... The moment you left I wanted to stop you, but Christian started to ask me what did I do to you, and he said that you were nervous before the race, and when the crash happened you rushed to the track... I am so sorry. - he looked down, clenching his fists. You put your hands over his and Max looked at you.

- I am happy that you are okay, thats all that matters.

He smiled and captured you in the tightest hug he could give.

- Max, you are killing me... Please... I can't breathe...

- I love you so much. - he whispered and softened his arms.

- I love you too, selfish idiot.