Distance Relationship (Daniel Ricciardo)

- Are you sure you can't come with me? I will be able to come only in a month.

- I know, babe, but... I have to stay, my parents are here and plus my sister who needs me now, I just can't come with you. - it was the hardest part of being and Formula 1 driver for Daniel, and being a girlfriend of an F1 driver for Y/N. Today was Australian Grand Prix race, Daniel finished on podium, he came 3rd. Now, its time to leave for Bahrain, but you can't fly with him for the reasons above.

- I understand, honey. - he stroke your cheek. - We will handle this distance, right? - he smiled.

- Sure we will. - you touched his hand and kissed him goodbye.

- 3 weeks later -

- ... Really? She said so? - you and Daniel were having a video call, you did it everyday since he left.

- Imagine that! - you laughed along Ricciardo. - Are you coming next week? - Daniel went silent.

- Honey, I... I'm afraid I can't. Its just this Renault special night out in Paris, I really can't...

- Oh, okay. No problem, really, I understand. - you kept the urge to cry.

- I love you, Y/N.

- I love you too, Daniel.

- 1 month later -

- ... and Nico just locked me in the bathroom, so yeah, wasn't a good idea to joke with him around.

- Can't believe he did that!

- 2 months later -

- I love you, Y/N.

- Me too. Goodnight, Daniel.

- 2.5 months later -

  Distance is shit. Distance is a bitch, lets face it. And even video chats can't help this fact. Same happened with your relationship. Daniel was busy with races and you couldn't blame him, its his job that he loves. You were living your life as well, but each day you felt the kilometers between you two growing bigger and bigger. So, at today's video call you decided to talk.

- Hey, honey!

- Daniel, we need to talk.

- Yes, I... Felt this coming, actually. Its about distance right? - you nodded and sighed. - Right...

- Im sorry just... You know, its hard. Its so hard, Daniel. I can't handle this and loving you at the same time. And you as well, you need to focus on races and now wasting your time and energy on flights to Australia. I understand it. This will be better for us both.

  Daniel was listening carefully and only nodded. He was also aware of whats happening and agrees.

- Yes. Maybe you are right, honey... Y/N.

- Yeah... So... I wish you good luck, Dan.

- Thank you. Take care, Y/N. - you looked at each other for few seconds and then he pressed the call end button.

- I love you, Daniel Ricciardo. - you whispered to the empty screen.

——————

Distance is a bitch. Especially when you love someone, its like watching your feelings die. The worst thing is when the person stops feeling anything, but you still LOVE him/her. Your love is so big and deep it, and you can't do anything about it.

Falling in love is easy. The difficult part - not being loved back.