She's New

((I do not own most pictures in this book))

It was a peaceful day in Snowdin. Everyone was just doing what they normally would do in the underground.

The Nicecream Guy was selling Nicecreams to children, Monster Kid was playing around as always, and Grillby was cleaning up some spilled ketchup in his bar.

Even the Skeleton household: Sans was chillin' in his room, probably taking a nap, while Papyrus was working on his spaghetti in the kitchen.

But not everything is what it seems-

Suddenly, a loud thump was heard outside of the brothers' house.

"Saaaaaaaaaans! Someone is outside!"

"Then answer the door!"

"They aren't at the door! I don't even know who it is!"

"Stop knocking around and answer it!"

"Then my spaghetti will get cold!"

"You lazy bones! Chillax."

"Saaaaaaaaaaans!"

The short, blue clothed skeleton exits his room and walks into the kitchen. He looks over at his brother who is busy eating his newly made spaghetti.

"You know what, you can be a real bone in my side." Sans sighs before exiting the house.

In a snowbank, a girl finds her way out and shakes her head to get the snow out of her hair. She rubs the back of her head slightly from the pain she now had.

"You alright there kid?" The girl turns around to see a skeleton in blue clothing.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Geeze that was one heck of a fall." She looks up at where she came from.

"Saaaaaaaaaans! Who is it!?" The brother calls from inside the house.

Sans glanced back at the girl and realizes that she was human. "Uh, just a big bird Paps!"

"Really? Don't let it inside! My spaghetti must be untouched!" Papyrus shouted back.

Sans sighs once more and turns back to the girl. "Yo, kid. What's your name"

"I'm.... Calli. How about you? What's your name?" The girl, Calli, looks at the odd attire Sans was in: a blue hoodie, black basketball shorts, and pink slippers.

"The name's Sans." He offers his hand to help Calli up. She takes it and stands next to Sans.

Calli was slightly taller than the short Skeleton, but she had a similar taste. She wore a beaten blue hoodie and a red and orange striped shirt. She even wore black shorts and black shoes.

"Don't mind if I ask but... Where did you come from?" Sans asks. He knows that humans come there rarely, but never fell into Snowdin. He looks up and there are no holes to fall through.

"I-.... I don't know" As Calli looks back at Sans, she remembers seeing another of him, but carried a paintbrush everywhere. "I do remember... you with a paintbrush though."

"A paintbrush?" Sans then muttered to himself, "Ink must have sent her... But why?"

"Is there something about that you know of?" Calli asked Sans.

"Nothing," He lies. "How about you come with me and we can go to Grillby's. It's a burg and fry joint I know."

"I guess I can join you. It would be a fry of a time."

"Hey! That's my thing! I was bone-ing to do it first!" Sans chuckles

Calli starts giggling and picks up a snowball. "I guess I can chill you out." She throws it at Sans.

"I think you will like it here in Snowdin Calli." Sans shakes Calli's hand

"You know, I think I just might!" With that, Calli and Sans starts walking to Grilby's.

Not too soon later, Sans stops in his tracks. "Something wrong?" Calli asks him.

"No... I thought I heard someone..."

"-s! -ns! -ans! Sans! Sa- oof!" A little orange dino looking child runs into the back of Sans.

"Heh, hey kid. How's it going?"

The kid shakes his head and looks up at Sans. "Toriel came back from the ruins with new books!"

"Now that's great! Go tell Tori that I'm going to deal with Calli first and then I will catch up with her."

"Calli?" The kid looks at the girl. "Sans! It's a human like Frisk!"

Sans chuckles as Calli stands there confused. She isn't sure what a human is, much less what one looks like.

"She is, now go off and play, I'm sure Frisk should be back soon" Sans says. Monster kid's eyes light up and he runs off again.

"Someone's excited," Calli chuckles.

"He always has something to look forward to. I just help him along sometimes," Sans says walking back off to Grillby's.

"Do you have things you look forward to?" Calli asks, following the Skeleton.

"Seeing Paps always keeps a smile on my face. He's my younger brother; The one  I was shouting to. I protect him, no matter what and vise versa. My friends as well."

"You care a lot about them. I don't know if I have any friends... Or family in that matter. You are the first one I really have known... Unless I forgot."

"I guess you just have to remember your past. Just make sure that you familiarize yourself with new family and friends"

"Heh..."

The rest of the walk was quiet. Sans didnt even try to crack a pun. Not even a monster walking by. Just Calli and Sans walking to Grillby's.

Right before the two entered Grillby's, Calli stops Sans. "I know I'm new and all... But why help me out?"

"Just, somethin' 'bout ya kid. I don't know what, but I'm grillin' to find out," Sans smirks.

"Maybe you will figure something out because you are sansational," Calli giggles.

Now, Sans liked this side of Calli. She was light hearted and fun to be around. Besides that, Sans feels like he should protect her, no matter what.