Knife Crossing

"I don't get it Chara! Ever since Nightmare heard of that damn glitch, he has been studying what he can of her! Before she came around, it was Dream this! Ink that! Crushing lifeless souls everywhere!"

"Cross you need to calm down. We both know that this isn't going to help."

"He is getting on everyone's nerves. Hell, even Lust is getting annoyed!"

"I mainly was talking about the pacing your roo-"

"We have bigger issues Chara," Cross growled.

"Yo Cross! Horror said food's ready!" Killer said after banging on the door.

"Greaaaaat! Not only do we have a love stricken leader, we get rat poisoning for supper," Cross muttered.

"Have fun with that," Chara waved and disappeared.

Cross rolled his eyes and exited his room. He walked down the hall to the stairs and slid down the railing. Hopping off the railing, he walked into the livingroom and then to the dining room.

Horror was just putting food at the table. Man, did it look edible as ever. Cross sat in his usual spot, which luckily already had a plate set for him.

"Get ready cuz this meal is pretty on point," Horror chuckled.

'Great! Another surprize of metal spikes to tear up our insides.' Cross thought.

Nightmare teleported into the dining room and took a seat in his usual spot, right next to Cross.

"The best for you Octupus," Horror sat a plate infront of Nightmare.

"If this has poison in it again I will send you to the dungeon," Nightmare growled.

"No poison this time." Horror pulled a chair out for Lust and sat next to his boyfriend.

"How you two are a thing, I will never know," Killer muttered.

"Why not you shut the fuck up before I make you into our next meal?"

"Stay in your place or get a knife in your eye."

"Enough!" Nightmare growled. Dust walked in late, as usual, and sat down a few chairs away from Killer.

"So where did you pop up from, Nightmare?" Cross asked.

"Wow! Since when did Cross call Nightmare by his real name?" Six grinned.

"I wasn't talking to you fuckface," Cross growled.

"Well obviously you mean business since I have never heard you call him anything other then Senpai the whole time I've seen you together, which is always." Killer stated, everyone at the table nodded as well.

"Anyways, Nightmare, answer the question."

"I was on an... errand pore se. No need to be nosey Cross."

"Ooo so scary," Dust said sarcastically.

"I can show you Scary, and I will have fun doing it!" Lust tugged slightly on Horror's hoodie for him to calm down.

"If you stay good, I'll make desert for us," Lust mutters into Horror's 'ear', making the Sans blush.

"Save that for the bedroom gawd," Six groaned.

"You two get worse every weak," Remorse agreed.

"Are you jealous?" Horror chuckled.

"Oh Hell to the no, just fucking tone down the love shit," Killer stated.

After having an average meal where no one actually eats the food, the different Sanses go off to different places. As Cross got up, Nightmare stopped him.

"I want to see you in my study in an hour, I have a job for you."

"Yeah, yeah." Crossed waved it off. "But don't expect anything to come from it Nightmare."

"You know, they are right. You have always called me 'Senpai', so what has changed? You haven't been hanging around my brother have you?"

"Around Dream? Why would I hang around that pethetic excuse for a Sans."

"I donno, you tell me."

"Ugh.... See you in an hour Nightmare." Nightmare rolled his eyes and teleported off. Cross sighed and hopped onto the couch in the living room.

"Damn, look at you! You look like you are quite dead in there bud," Remorse chuckled.

"Shut up spiderlegs. Or I won't be the one looking dead."

"Fiesty, fiesty. But I wonder what Nighty has in store for you. He never calls people to his study. Must be important."

"Probably just another attempt at getting the newest glitch on our side. He's obsessed and it's annoying."

"Don't we know it. I'm still surprized he let Error go on his own again. He never liked giving up on a strong team."

"That's why they are allies. If something happens, Error can be used as backup."

"Maybe."

"Come in." Nightmare said from the other side of the door. No one dared to enter Nightmare's study without knocking.

Cross entered and flopped onto the couch. Nightmare was somewhere in the dark doing something.

"I'm here, what you need." Cross crossed his arms as he waited for an answer. A folder of paperwork was put infront of him with a thud.

"This is what I need you for. Nothing else but in this folder." Cross looked at Nightmare puzzled, but reached out for the folder anyways.

Cross opened the folder to see pictures of random artifacts. Papers described each as 'missing' and 'dangerous'. "What is this for?" Cross looked at his leader questionably.

"Find them and bring them to the castle. Take someone with you, only whom you trust."

"How am I supposed to find these? They are all missing artifacts."

"The information is there. Go find them, I need them for... Experiments."

"Ok, Dust, where should we start?"

"Let's just go through the list and get over with this whole ordeal. Shouldn't take long to find all of them."

"Hopefully.... I guess this stone is first on the list... Last seen in OuterTale...."

"Let's get to it then."