Chapter 40

You waved at Sira and Yuki that had drove you home after they had come and picked you up from the library where you had stayed to study after school.

Since it was already late you decided to be quiet to not bother anyone as you walked up the stairs till the third floor where your apartment was.

You took out your keys and unlocked the door, slowly and carefully closing it behind you to not make any loud noises.

"Why are you entering like a thief?" A voice that was heard behind you, startled you, making you jump a little.

"You scared me!" You responded to your roommate that to your surprise was around not like usually that even if he was at home he would close himself up in his room.

You  presided to take off your shoes after you had calmed yourself from his sudden appearance then proceeded going to your room.

"Y/N, come out after you are done. I need to talk to you." Jungkook told you and you gave him a nod before vanishing from his sight as you entered your room.

You surely were curious for a moment about to what might be the thing that he wanted to talk to you about but then yesterday's events came to mind and you thought that he might want to thank you that you convinced Nelson to not sue him.

You stripped out of your clothes, already feeling the tiredness of the day kicking in and a pleasant thought of a nice warm shower engulfed your mind for a moment, only to be quickly dismissed as you had to hear what Jungkook had to say to you first.

After you pulled over your head an oversized shirt  that had the avengers imprinted on the front and your gray sweatpants, you gathered your hair into a messy bun and headed out to the living room where Jungkook was waiting for you, sitting on the couch.

You took a seat next to him, a safe distance in between you two, before you turned to face him."So?"

"So?" He questioned back at your question making you give him a confused expression.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" You asked, making yourself more clear this time but you were sure that he had understood before well enough, but somehow he seemed nervous to proceed.

"Well... I know we don't talk much.. We practically don't even know each other.. We are not even friends.." He started going on, his words making you even more confused as to where was he getting this conversation exactly.

"I know that. You can just tell me straight out whatever it is though. My precious sleep time is flying by." You told him, ushering him to continue as he had went quiet for a little.

"Okay, i need a favor." His words caught you by surprise as they were quite different from the' thank you' that you were expecting to hear from him.

"As i said earlier, i know we are not friends and as such i am not suppose to be asking anything of you but.. Unfortunately I have no one else to ask." He continued, sincerity showing in his voice, now making you worry about what kind of situation had he gotten himself into that he needed help with.

" You are making me worry. Just tell me what is it about? "You asked him and Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably before responding.

" I need you to accompany me.. To a party. "Your eyes got wide as you processed the information that he had given to you.

" It's not a date!! Let's make this clear!"He strongly denied while he stood up from his seat.

" I am just obligated in a way to attend that party and I can't go without a companion. "He clarified making you nod in understanding.