Chapter 71

You growled a little by the pain that was coming from the lower part of your belly while complaining in your head about the fact that the females have to suffer like this every month.

Your periods had visited you yesterday night gifting you an uneasy sleep and a slight pain that today had gotten worse.

Your lower back was also hurting but maybe that wasn't only because of the periods but because you had been mopping the floor as your mother left you responsible of doing before she left to do grocery shopping.

"Good morning" You looked up as you were at the middle of the stairs mopping, when you heard Jimin's freshly awakened voice.

"Good morning to you too." You responded kinda coldly not in a good mood and he stepped down the stairs carefully trying to not slip or leave stains behind.

"You have breakfast waiting for you on the kitchen table." You informed him and he gave you a look, noticing that something was wrong with you.

"Your parents?" He asked and you responded in a monotonous way, while continuing your mopping.
-"Out"

"I see, and why are you so moody? Is it that time of the month?" You shot your head at him once those words reached to your ears, somehow feeling a little awkward to let him know of such information but you nodded your head anyways.

"Give that to me then and go take a seat. You are in no condition of doing chores." He grabbed the mop away from your hand as he said so.

"What?! But i have to finish." You argued, pulling the mop towards you.

"I will finish for you. You are probably in pain, we both know." Jimin reasoned back and you couldn't argue because he was right, still though it didn't felt right letting him clean up your house.

"I appreciate it but -" You tried to argue back but you weren't able to finish your sentence as you found yourself in his arms, him carrying you till the couch where he dropped you and sternly ordered you to stay put.

You observed him as he went back to the stairs and continued mopping from were you left, a smile growing up on your face as it was a sight you had never seen before. Jimin doing housework.

"You are enjoying this too much aren't you?" He asked as he smiled himself, having taken notice of your smile that had grew wider.

"I can't lie. It's pleasing for my eyes to see you doing chores. God really is fair" You stated, thinking about all the times you had worked hard doing chores for him.

Jimin could only laugh at your words, the sound of his laughter making you laugh to, forgetting the pain for an instant.

" Since you are in pain, does that mean that i have to go shopping by myself?" He asked as he headed towards the kitchen to mop the floor there too.

"Why do you even want to go shopping this much?"

"It's the last day of the year and i don't have any presents for your parents. I wanted to gift them something." His voice reached to you fade as you were at the living room and he wasn't yelling enough as he should for his voice to arrive clearer.

"You don't have to, really"

"But i want to. You don't have to come if you can't. I will manage somehow." He insisted making you exhale as you hanged your head low, understanding that you had to go because it wouldn't be nice to leave him alone.

"Eat your breakfast and get ready after you finish. I will go get ready too. Don't leave without me." You told him as you stood up from the couch and slowly headed upstairs, only for Jimin to take a glance at your figure while he reached at the kitchen's door step and smiled.

---Time skip---

You are Jimin had just gotten into an antique shop, after you had roamed around the whole mall already, him buying some ridiculously expensive presents for your parents that literally blew your mind away.

Even though you had tried hard to change his mind and not buy such expensive stuff, he had shut you off by telling you that his presents were his choice, so you practically didn't have a saying to the matter.

To say that you wanted to slap the heck out of him at that moment would have been to little since your mood swings are already to much on such days and him talking like that didn't help either.

"If you already bought my parents presents, why are we still wandering around?" You questioned, feeling kinda tired already.

"I am searching for a present for you now." He responded casually, finding you unprepared.

"What? Oh no you really don't have to. I don't need anything." You declined but he seems to have ignored you as he kept walking ahead, observing the objects that were displayed on the shelves.

"Jimin, honestly. I don't like presents. And i don't need an antique. What would I do with it?" You added stepping a little closer to him to grab his attention.

"I was in between getting you something from here or buying you some sexy lingerie. Which one do you prefer?"He said as he threw his eyes at you, whom by now were speechless.

" Antiques it is. I like old things . They are great. "You responded before turning around and walking ahead, making him sneaker softly at your actions.

" I was joking. I already bought your present since yesterday. "He admitted and you turned around giving him a confused expression.

" What? When? What did you buy ? "You questioned and he just smiled before leaning closer to you, his index finger rising to his lips as he whispered" It's a secret"

"Pfft whatever!" You crossed your hands over your chest a little annoyed at him not telling you because actually now you were kinda curious and scared.

What if he really had bought something weird?

For better or for worse i should open it when i am alone.

" Wait a minute, if you have my present then why are we still looking around?!" You asked again as you walked over to him that had went some steps away, his eyes frozen, looking at something.

"Jimin?" You called him, as he seemed to have frozen in time, his eyes fixed on a small wooden music box that was opened and had inside a piano.

"My mother used to play piano. My real mother." He stated as his hands reached out to the object and grabbed it, bringing it closer to him.

His fingers traced the piano for a moment before he turned round the handle and piano music started playing from the music box.

" Moonlight sonata. "You recognized the melody and Jimin just nodded his head, without turning to look your way.

" Was your mother a pianist? "You dated to ask however you kinda regret it doing so as his facial expression grew sad.

" She just loved piano. She had always a fragile health so she was deprived from getting out of house alone most of her life and her only friend was the piano. After marrying my father and giving birth to two children though, that health worsened and she barely left home. " The music sound stopped together with his words, leaving behind a heavy silence on his heart as well as yours.

" I am sure she was still happy because she had you two. "You said and Jimin threw his eyes at you, before forcing a smile on his lips that seemed so bitter.

" We were all happy as long as we had her. "He commented, as he turned his back on you, the music box still on his hand.

" Wait here. I am buying this. "He said as he walked away and you just watched his back heading towards the counter, sympathizing with the feeling of having lost someone.

---To be continued...