Chapter 58

Neerin was impatiently standing by the door, next to her two maids that as she was,were awaiting their master's arrival.

It didn't took long for the black windowed car to stop and for the driver to get off and soon open the door for Mr Park to step out of the vehicle and finally come to the sight of his wife that was waiting for him more yearning than ever.

She took a deep breath to compose herself , in her mind traveling the information she got to know yesterday night on that medical report that had shaken her heart and brought her world upside down in just some minutes.

She had wondered how was he able to hide such a thing for so long and about the future that awaits her without him by her side. 

"It sure is a wonderful day today. With such a beautiful lady waiting for my at my doorstep." His voice shook her from her trail of thoughts, a forced smile reaching her lips, before she leaned in bowing slightly to him ,a small welcoming word following after her actions.

When she regained her posture she was meet with the same friendly smile on her husband's lips that hugged her briefly before entering the mansion . Neerin followed shortly, feeling her breath getting caught up on her throat as she hadn't decided yet if she should address the matter and make him known that she is aware of his health's condition or keep it to herself and wait for him to tell her by himself. However he had not done that for so long and he has been aware of his condition- as far as she got to know-  for a while now which means he just have no intentions of telling her or his sons.

Only the thought of Jimin hearing this made her hurt,imagining how sad he is going to be .Taehyung as well. Everything was threatened to go downhill with this and somehow she wished she hadn't opened that file yesterday. Sometimes it's just better to be ignorant so you would avoid the suffering but now it was late to think of that.

As she reached in the living room ,her worried eyes quickly found Mr Park sitting on the couch ,on his usual place, a newspaper already in his hands as his half moon spectacles were resting on his nose . His black hair that had now many gray hair in between them ,styled upwards with a small strand having gotten loose ending up decorating his forehead that had little wrinkles ,in comparison to other people of his group age. Indeed , Mr Park was a good looking male and a kind- hearted man but in his business life he was known as sharp and smart even observatory and as that it didn't took long for his eyes to look up at his wife ,that has been standing still for a while just staring at him.

"Is something the matter ,dear?" He asked her, the polite smile reaching to his eyes quickly as he folded the newspaper, showing that he was willing to give Neerin the time she might require for her to talk to him for whatever was that was troubling her.

She smiled awkwardly before approaching his way and taking her sit on the couch, clearing up her throat before gathering some of her courage and locking eyes with him, that was patiently waiting for her to speak.

"I passed by your office yesterday and...a file fell to my notice. I swear i wasn't roaming around or anything but..i read your medical report."She got out those words as hardly as she had ever spoken in her life, feeling herself suffocating from the fear and stress that was eating her up since she laid eyes on those papers.

Mr Park's friendly expression dropped at her words, his posture halting for a moment as if he got frozen in time then after he collected himself from the unexpected speech of his wife ,he straightened his back and hold her gaze firmly once again.

"I didn't meant for you to find out about it this way,I am sorry about that.You must have been shocked." He said ,his words sounding as gentle as any other time ,however his facial expression showed a different truth ,that of a cold man that wasn't pleased with the situation he was in.

"Does that mean you were planning to tell me anytime soon?" She asked him , her gaze daring to show her displeasure about the fact that he had kept something so important from her when she was supposed to be his wife and he should have shown that bit of trust to her. Even though if he really knew about her feelings for his son , he probably shouldn't even be talking to her.

"No,i wasn't. I suppose you understand why." He admitted , his hands grabbing hold of his newspaper and opening it again, indicating that he didn't want to continue this conversation.

"Seriously that's all you have to say. I have been worrying sick about you and you can't even explain !" Neerin let her emotion rule over her  for a moment ,raising her voice a little as her body shot up from her seat.

"What do you want me to explain ,dear? You already read the reports.I have brain cancer, it's a common type called gliomas and the doctors have gave me around fifteen months of life in which i have already gone past twelve of them..and no ,if you are wondering, i didn't intend to let anyone know because i didn't want anyone worrying over something that can't be changed and pitying me. I just want to live a normal life till my final day, my dear. Please understand me and don't be mad. " His words teared apart her steady composure bringing her to tears as she kneeled  down on the floor .letting her desperation and sadness show through her sobs that followed.

Mr Park got up from his seat and approached her ,falling to her level and hugging her ,as a faint smile reached his pale looking lips,his right hand patting her hair,in a soothing attempt .

"Thank you for wasting your tears for me my dear, but you don't have to be sad. Because i am not.I have lived my life to the fullest,i have no regrets. I also have two beautiful sons that are the dearest to me ,they love me and respect me.I have a beautiful wife that is shedding tears for me. I am nothing but thankful for my life. Truly ,there is nothing to cry over. " His words were meant to make her feel better but only that  they did not do ,as she was filled with guilt towards him and the love she never found herself able to give him.

However she was not the only one that would feel guilt and a terrible traitor, a  trash of a human as  she was, when these news were to come to their ears ,as his beloved sons had not been so fair towards him and even though they had been regretting  their unfair actions towards him from that day on, nothing would be compared with the feelings that was waiting for Jimin and Taehyung and their regretful aching hearts.

---To be continued....