Chapter 43

Jimin struggled to keep his smile on as he felt his mother's hand pinching him at the side of his ribs.

She was standing right next to him, to close for his liking. To close considering the place they actually were at.

His father was just some feet distance away, the room was full of people, how could she not stay proper, it was really irritating him.

And he was already irritated enough before he even had to step in this party as his father had asked of him as the elder son to accompany him to this important event, considering that the daughter of his business partner was throwing her engagement party tonight.

He never really liked such events but that wasn't the only reason of his annoyance. The fact that his "mother" was there after the things that happened just a while ago between them, was something that was not easy for him to deal with.

The fact that she had also told him about you cheating on him cause you were living with a boy also had annoyed him. She had found him unprepared and he hated that.

He wanted to get rid of her, to keep her away and you were the only shield that he had at the moment however she had managed to sneak in, trying to mess up your relationship, thing that didn't really exist but he wasn't planning on letting her know that.

He had asked you to go to him, immediately after he was informed that he had to attend this party, wanting to not be alone and as thus an easy prey for her. However you hadn't showed up and hadn't even picked up his calls or replied to any of his messages.

At some point he had gotten worried if something had happened to you, but he couldn't just leave and search for you, even though he would gladly use any excuse to escape from this party.

He felt her elbow nagging at his side again making him speak under his breath, between greeted teeth. "What?!"

"You said your girlfriend was sick, right? That's why she couldn't come and accompany you." She whispered on his ear, making him face her that already had a smirk on her lips.

"She doesn't look that sick to me." She added making Jimin turn his head around to follow her gaze only to meet yours that were looking his way, frozen.

His facial expression that from surprised quickly turned to serious made you understand well that he wasn't pleased to see you or better said, he wasn't pleased to see you in that exact situation.

"So, may I know who is the friend you brought along Kookie?" The voice of the young woman that looked your way, made you retrieve your eyes from jimin and focus on her, as Jungkook answered her.

"She is Y/N, and she is not a friend. She is my girlfriend." Jungkook told her, his hand sliding down and grabbing yours as he looked at you and smiled fondly.

You forced back a smile before gazing again at the friendly girl who's eyes didn't look as cheerful as they were a moment ago, however she maintained the smile on her lips.

"Well, it's nice to meet you Y/N. I am Jungkook's best friend. I hope you have a nice time in my engagement party." She reached her hand out for a hand shake that you took hesitantly, not because of her but because of someone's eyes that were pinned on you, making you want the earth to open and swallow you whole.

The girl patted Jungkook's shoulder before getting away, his eyes following her figure, a stoic facial expression on his face.

"Jungkook we have a problem." You told him once she was gone and he looked at you with a questionable look.

"You see the lady with the dark blue dress behind me?.. " You told him, turning your back at Jimin and his parents and facing only Jungkook.

He followed your instructions, his eyes soon falling to the figure of the woman that he recognized as the one that had visited you that night and he had opened the door for her.