Chapter 65

You carefully placed the turkey which you had just taken out of the oven, on the counter and smiled in satisfaction of how good it turned out to look.

You took your kitchen gloves and tagged behind your ear a strand of loose hair that was getting on your eyesight and turned around, thinking of cleaning up some dishes that had gathered while preparing the dinner.

However as you turned around you were met with Jimin's figure standing by the door, gazing at you.

"Oh! I didn't notice you were here? Did you need something?" You asked him, thinking if he had wanted to use the bathroom or something and had gotten lost looking for it.

"Nothing. I was just wondering if you need any help." He responded, taking some steps inside the room.

"Oh no. You don't have to. I got this." You declined, not intending to let him help simply because you weren't used to him helping.

He was never so kind. He would just order you to do chores and never did ever offered help much more actually do help you. And now seeing him do it was so strange.

It must be because it's Christmas. There is no other explanation.

"I am not that bad. I promise i won't mess up anything. Just let me help." He insisted, making you give him a suspicious look.

"What? Why are you looking at me like this?" He asked and you stayed silent for a second, contemplating if you should be straightforward with him or not.

"I am just not used on you acting kind. It's freaking me out." You blurted out in all honestly and Jimin couldn't help but laugh at your statement.

"Well, i guess i understand where you are coming from but you should know, i am not really that mean always." He replied as he took some steps closer.

You gulped with difficulty under his gaze that was locked on your eyes, your heart spreading up beats, thing that after it fell to your notice you immediately took your eyes off his, and went to the sink, turning on the water and started washing dishes off in a hurry.

Why does he have to be looking so tempting tonight. This is plain cruel.

You thought somehow getting mad at him for no apparent reason and starting washing the dishes quicker.

"Y/N? Are you alright?" You heard his voice asking behind you and you just bite your inner lip before exhaling and giving him an answer.

"Of course, why are you asking?" You told him, your eyes focused on the foam that the dish soap had created and which you had your hands engulfed into.

Two fainted steps were heard before his voice reached to your ears.
"You look nervous" He stated, his face popping at the side of yours as he had approached you quiet a lot.

Out of reflex you turned your head and faced him, immediately freezing at the close proximity that wasn't extremely close but it was close enough to take your breath away.

Your eyes unconsciously traveled down to his lips before returning to his eyes that were watching you with a perplexed gaze, as if he was wondering about your behavior or maybe even worrying.

"I just don't want this night to go wrong. I know Taehyung being here isn't the best thing for you especially now but-" You started explaining but he cut you off by leaning closer all off a sudden.

"Should i let you in on a secret?" Jimin whispered and you just looked at him in confusion.

"I have wished of passing Christmas once more with him. It's not the perfect Christmas but it's the best gift someone has done to me." His eyes shined while admitting that, showing a genuine happiness for being with his brother in such a night.