Chapter 73

Jungkook was seated at the festive dinner table, the chatters and laughters even though laud, they still weren't able to keep his mind from drifting to think about something else or better said someone else.

He silently eat some food from his plate, till it didn't took long for his behavior to get noticed by his father, whom without attracting any attention from the others, stood up and walked his way, giving him a sign to follow him as he passed him by and got out of the dining room.

Jungkook understood at that moment that he might have as well put a little more effort to look happier because now he had to explain what was troubling him and he wasn't sure if he could do that.

Jungkook loved his family. Yes they weren't always normal and yes, the training he had gone through when he was little could still be considered too much, but all those made him the person he was today.

His father may have been a mafia lord but he never tried to affect him in any way. On the contrary, he actually raised Jungkook with the best morals and believes he could give. To Not steal, to not hurt people, to respect others privacy and rights.

Be used to tell him something else too. Something Jungkook always remember well after the little times he would meet with him, as it wasn't that he could see him often even though he was his child.

"People are the most mysterious creation of God, so even though you should love them, you should fear them as much as you should dare to place them beneath you and rule them, when they are trying to tear you apart. Be kind, but not an idiot." Those words had become a tattoo on his mind as the years passed and he had come to understand the wise meaning they hold.

He wasn't sure why those words came again into his mind as he entered his father's office, finding him pouring some alcohol on a glass as he was waiting for him.

"So? Why the long face on such a night, my son?" He directly asked him, making Jungkook touch his neck and smile as he approached his desk to take a seat on the wooden chair that was as simple as any other furniture that his father had in his office. He liked simple stuff, cause he used to say that life is complicated enough on it's own.

"Is it about Areum?" He didn't hesitate to go there as he received Jungkook's silence and he looked at him surprised for a moment about how he knew but then he remembered that of course he would know. He always knows everything.

"I will be okay father, don't worry. It will pass." Was all Jungkook told him and his father laughed at him as he knew him well and knew love a little more than his son did.

"I am afraid that this is not a flu Jungkook. It won't pass if it's  real love and knowing for how long you know each other, it definitely won't pass." Jungkook looked down at his hands, feeling a stink on his chest because he knew that he was right but what could he do about it.

He wasn't ready, to deny his family for her. He loved her but he couldn't bare hurting his parents or anyone. So he chose to hurt himself.

"Starting from new years, you will no longer be in our family's register Jungkook." His father's words made him snap his eyes at him, shocked.

"I am erasing you. You won't be our son anymore but an orphan that grew up in an orphanage, in Budapest. I have arranged the papers, no one will ever find you or our relation."

"But father!" Jungkook stood up as this information was too much for him too bare. Even though he knew the reason why.

"I am setting you free my son. Me and your mother will be okay so don't worry about us. Just live your life without having the burden of my mistakes over your shoulders. I am really sorry Jungkook. I wish I could do more." His father stood up and approached him, opening his arms for him to shove himself in them and so he did, in between teary eyes. Thankful but at the same time sad because even though he had gave him what he needed he had also took something dear from him.