Chapter 22: ...or not.

"...but we have work to do at the moment, My Lord. So, I intend to tell you about myself after we finish with our work here in the village."

Says Erevain while putting her night wear on, it looks hot even if she isn't doing it on purpose, especially now that she is putting her garter belt and stockings on.

You thigh connoisseurs must thank and praise me for this fanservice!

"...very well..."

Still...

MY EXPECTATIONS!!

MY FLASHBACK!!

IT WAS SO CLOSE...!

I WANTED TO SEE THE FLASHBACK EPISODE THAT WAS TOTALLY NOT FOR PADDI—PROLONGING THE CURRENT VILLAGE ARC!!!

"*chuckle*..."

Wait, did Erevain just chuckle?! I do a double take on her and I see her covering her mouth with the back of her right hand.

"I apologize, My Lord. It is just that I did not know how much you were looking forward to hearing my story, and your expression just now reminded me of someone..."

Her tone is obviously nostalgic. I mean she is doing the whole 'looking at somewhere far away' thing right now.

Hmmm...judging by that surprising reaction of hers I bet she is talking about someone of her family. Maybe a sister?

"Worry not, it was not as if I was that excited about it or anything..."

I say so while turning my head to the left and crossing my arms....

WHY?!! THIS DAMN INVOLUNTARY TSUNDERISM OF MINE!! WAS I ALWAYS LIKE THIS DEEP DOWN?! AAAAHH!!!!

"Is that so, My lord?"

She doesn't believe me at all. Her smile right now is basically telling me that.

"*ahem* A-Anyway, let's start with the reports then."

"Yes, My Lord."

She lightly bows and takes some pieces of paper that were on the table of this room and gives them to me. I say paper, but it is more of the equivalent of it in this world, it is not pure white and looks more like that eco-friendly light brown paper you see at some office supplies shops. I wonder of what it is made of here.

I'm willing to risk it and say it is related to magic, but don't believe me it's just one of my crazy assumptions.

Huh? The handwriting on two of them is the same while on the third one is different and I'm just skimming through them, I can see that both have some good vocabulary, but the one in the first two is better. Going by this, I can say that Erevain wrote the first two and the last one was Luca, judging by the contents of it.

Even so I'm still going to 'ask'.

"You wrote these two, right Erevain?"

She looks a bit surprised by my comment. Heh, that is why I had to ask.

"Yes, I did. But how did My Lord know?"

"Simple, your rich and well-educated vocabulary. Although, Luca's is not lacking either."

"I see, as expected. My Lord's knowledge of our language and its intricacies is deep enough to reach that conclusion."

She nods while doing a prideful expression.

I feel a bit bad about that, since it's because of my blessing that I can understand what is written here and even talk to her. Oh well, being OP sure is convenient.