Chapter 28: Isekai Villain Chapter

In a castle within the mountain range that crosses through the Kyrie Kingdom, a Dragon Lord was giving her report to her Master.

"The King of Storms...they told you that that was their name?"

The Dragon Lord of the Violet Death, Scath, said so as she squinted her eyes in an inquisitive manner. Her face was that of a young adult woman in her prime while her dark violet hair flowed straight all the way to her hips. She had four horns, all exquisite in a natural beauty, for they looked like the branches of an old and wise tree. Two of them, the bigger ones, adorned the top of her head, growing upwards in a hook-like manner with inverted ends and small bifurcations, like branches. While the smaller ones adorned the sides of her head, growing diagonally near her ears with many smaller bifurcations. They had the same color as her hair and had complex arcane-like designs on their surface, but those seemed natural instead of carved.

In any case, despite all her years of living, that was the first time she had heard of such a name or title. As such, a certain tinge of curiosity could be detected on her voice as she asked her servant.

"Yes, Master...they said to call them that..."

Said servant's voice was like a melancholic whisper that carried a certain coldness at the same time.

She was Bryn, the Dragon Lord of The Eternal Winter.

She recounted all that happened as she knelt before her Master. From the information the puppets divulged, to the presence of the Black Knight and its companions. As well as her confrontation with said Black Knight and its power.

Her body still ached.

And her Master had noticed, despite her best efforts to hide it.

Her Master wasn't angered or even disappointed, she seemed more aloof about the consequences of today's events than anything else.

Clearly, her interest lay elsewhere.

Furthermore, the moment Bryn arrived before her and she noticed the state her servant was in, she ordered her to rest until night, as if the word urgency had no meaning for her.

"The King of Storms never physically damaged you, they only pulled you towards them and immobilized your hand, but...having your [Hailstorm] taken from you and then dispelled, caused incredible pain to permeate your body. Yes?"

Bryn nodded in shame.

If someone were to ask her where the pain was, she would only be able to tell them that it was in every part of her body, and at the same time in none. The word 'phantom pain' would be appropriate once again.

"Hmm...those who have arcane knowledge would pose a hypothesis that what was hurt in this case was the soul, but others would counter with saying that it was a whiplash reaction caused by one's own mana connection to the spell being severed. I hazard to say that it is a mix of both. After all, a soul without mana is still a soul, but one that received the world's mana is called a spirit. That is the source of our mana. Magic being then an extension of our spirit creating different effects, called spells, in the world. If someone were to subjugate it and break it...the backlash towards the caster whose spell was broken would be proportional to the magnitude of the spell, and in turn, damage the spirit."

Her words, full of the wisdom that she had acquired through the ages, quickly explained away what ailed her subordinate.

Nevertheless...it still hurt.

"Your [Ice Garden of Silence] was broken and you felt barely any pain, but when your [Hailstorm] was taken and broken. You said it felt like all your strength had left your body followed by a searing pain...correct?"