Chapter 88: Fly to the Moon and see how you fall.

This power...

This power could easily overwhelm my brethren...

Not only her appearance has changed, but so did the mana that surrounds her...

It is purer...

And the pressure she is emitting is equal to mine...if even slightly bigger...

As we dance once again, I can feel it...

This woman has truly become a vessel for the sheer power of the moon...

The moment she slashes at me, a secondary blade made of silver light comes right after...

If I were to lose focus, I would be cut by them...

Her weapons are blessed weapons...armaments made to deal with those that threaten the world...

Armaments made with the purpose of killing me...and my brethren now...

Her previous longsword was able to cut into me due to her brute strength...but that is not the case anymore...

I can see it clearly...the sword she is using now can cut through my scales with ease by itself...

As for her shield...I will not be able to destroy this one like I did with the other...

To think that she owned these weapons...that means the Goddess truly desires our defeat...

And then there is her magic...

She has no more blind spots to be exploited, as her chant-less spells frustrate my surprise attacks by summoning shields to cover her openings...

One by one, my thrusts and icicles are blocked and countered...

Meanwhile, my enchanted spear screams at me...

Demanding me to unleash my power...

One that brings destruction...

One that lays waste to the battlefields we fight in...

But to do so in this place would mean to put in danger my Master's objective...

That is why, I have engaged in this dance of mere technique once more...

So that I can weave my mana and change our scenery...

To take us to a place where I can extend my wings...

A place where I can truly dance...

A place where I can honor this true battle...

A place...where I can tip the scales.

...

I apologize, Master.

For I am about to interrupt my mission to fully dedicate myself to this combat.

Because if I remain in this place, the mission cannot be fulfilled.

I, Eternal Winter, shall open the door to that which all Dragon Lords obtain after their ascension.

To fight there is to expose oneself...

To fight there is to truly recognize the other's threat...

To fight there is to face death...because if I lose there then death is the only thing that awaits for me...

Let us go now...

____________________________________________________

*clang* *clang* *clang*