Chapter 79: Such a sheltered-looking girl is no match for a bull, right? RIGHT?!

The man known as the Shield of the Mountain was able to see all that transpired in the duel given his close proximity.

After all, he was the referee, and yet he was as surprised as many people in the audience.

Although, such surprise was not one of ignorance his surprise but the opposite.

For he, as many of the nobles in charge of the Kingdom's territories, had battled in the Draconic Front for a time.

And in all those years of fighting against the races and monsters subservient to the Dragon Lords he had only seen once such beautiful, yet ephemerous style of fencing.

It belonged to a man of the fairy race that was called the Proud Swordsman.

His movements would resemble a dance and a monster fell every time he thrusted with his rapier.

Sadly, the Baron only saw him a few days before receiving the injury that made him retire from the battlefield. But many years later he heard that the same man had been teaching fencing to a certain attendant in the capital for a short time before leaving on a journey to improve his form.

'Could it be...?'

Such was the question that crossed his mind when he saw how Erica La Fonte defeated her opponent.

'Did he find Lady Argento's country and taught Miss Erica there?'

Indeed, that was the theory that formed in his mind, for it made more sense that the alternative. That being such certain attendant returning to the Capital with an all-new appearance and serving an entirely different country and Master altogether.

But that was not all, he was also impressed by the way Erica La Fonte had acted.

She had ample opportunity to injure her opponent, but instead she decided to strike her opponent with the handle of her sword while using just enough strength to deprive her of her consciousness.

Aside from that, Prince Licht's attendant did not suffer any injuries as per the healer's report.

That spoke more of who she was as a person than any conversation could ever hope to do.

Not only him, but all the other nobles and citizens who had fought for their lives or for others, be it in the Draconic Front or in any other place, arrived at the same conclusion.

There was no doubt that she was worthy of being a Knight, for in that brief duel she had shown the qualities of one...unlike others who've had the title and position for half a decade and have only dirtied it.

Something that also made the eyes of many to turn towards the other women who accompanied Lady Argento in both wonder and curiosity.

'If Miss Erica, the youngest of them, is capable of that...then that must mean those two could be even stronger. No, not only them, but Lady Argento as well.'

Such was the thought that passed through the minds of many of the guests, accompanied by a certain sense of trepidation.

'If Lady Argento was not this open minded and kind, then something terrible might have happened.'

So thought Baron Thach as his eyes wandered towards the one behind everything.

Lord Ulthane Reignitz, the one who would inherit the Reignitz Household's Headship as soon as his father decided to retire.

Baron Thach had interacted with him as much as the other nobles and found him unworthy of his title as Knight.

Not because his position was obtained in the middle of a terrible time for the Kingdom, around suspicious circumstances, and an unorthodox track record. Nor because he had been deemed unworthy by the Goddess multiple times.