Epilogue 1: The Pyrrhic Bet

A day after 'the Battle of the Rainbow Moon', Auros and her Maid-Knights returned to their castle.

Of course, there were still things that needed to be done in the Capital, but for Auros who wielded spatial magic as easily as she did, distance was nothing but trivial.

Meanwhile, in the Kyrie Kingdom, there were already talks of a parade, honorary titles, and even the institution of a yearly festival to celebrate such historic victory against the enemies of the world.

A victory that had felled two especially important Dragon Lords, Eternal Winter and the eldest of the 'Chosen Four', Violet Death.

And if the Head of the Church's report of the battle was not enough confirmation of it, then what happened shortly after said report got to all the relevant people surely was, for the Goddess herself crossed off the crests that represented the slayed Dragon Lords from the Allied Nations' lists of targets.

Thus, no one was able to doubt that report after that divine confirmation.

After that, not even a day passed before lots and lots of letters from all the members of the Allied Nations found their way into Ludovica's personal quarters, all saying the same thing:

We respectfully request for Lady Auros Argento, Nightmare of the Dragon Lords, and her Maid-Knights to visit our country after all their matters with the Kyrie Kingdom are resolved. Furthermore, we would be honored to provide the proper accommodations for them to rest after such heroic battle.

The elven country of Deamis, the Demonic Kingdom of Zenji, the Empire of Rosar, and more. They all wished for such heroes, and 'villain', to visit them. And why would they not? Their power, their resources, their being, they wanted to ascertain all of that for themselves.

"Non, non, non~~. You are all being too hasty! My best friend forever has other things to do before visiting any of your countries. And even if I do not know what those things are, I totes cannot wait to see what she does next! Yes~~~!"

So said Ludovica as she got up from the fairly comfy sofa she was resting on, left all those important letters on the nearby tea table, and began undressing while she went straight to her personal closet.

As she did, her cinnamon-colored skin was bathed by the sunlight that filtered from the skylight in the ceiling, tracing her gorgeous figure and making her hip-reaching light blonde hair shine with an unblemished luster.

"And I totes have a good feeling about the special dinner that Auros invited me to! So, I must wear my best clothes! Yes~~! Maybe I will even have a fateful encounter! Or maybe the Goddess will descend! Aaaahn...! That totes would make me go so cray cray!! Yes~~!"

Alas, it was fair to say that the shine of the joyful anticipation she felt at that moment overshadowed that luster by far.

Still, if she wanted to have her fun, she needed to take care of a few things first.

One of those things was choosing the outfit that she would wear to that event.

"Maybe I should wear the dress I had made to match Auros' black dress!"

With that, she excitedly pulled out a Gothic Lolita dress out of her closet. It had bountiful frills, laces, and ribbons, and it clearly resembled her best friend's dress. Although, instead of being mainly black with some white, Ludovica's dress was of a pure white with some gold and blue linings here and there.

Besides that, it was indeed just the same as the dress she got so acquainted with when she met her dear best friend.

"Mhm! Yes~~! The tailor was so proud of it that not using it now would be disrespectful for him too! As for the matching lingerie, it must be...here!"