Chapter 91: The Legend of the Maid Knights

At the same time as the colossus got closer and closer to its defeat, the rest of the maids fought against the overwhelming numbers of undead that the Grand Monster known as Bone Legion had brought forth with its power. 

Undead whose numbers it bolstered even further by killing all the beasts and monsters that were supposed to be its allies.

Thus, the only living enemies that remained in the battlefield were those strong enough, like the High-Ranking Lesser Dragon Lords, or Commanders for short, and some Awakened Lizardmen.

Sadly for them, it was not their fate to remain like that, for they were being hunted down by Luca's team, to which they fell one by one.

"Reveal yourselves, you cowardly inferior beings!!"

So roared a Commander as he looked around for a sign of those maids in the middle of such hectic battlefield, all while he and his companion kept fighting off the undead who sought to add him to their ranks.

"Urgh!!"

It was then that a bloody crossbow bolt pierced his companion's neck and made her let out such pained voice.

"It...hurts!!"

But that was not all, for a mere instant later all her veins turned visible and she felt as if her entire body was being eaten alive from the inside, causing her to fall on the ground and cry out like that as purplish tears trickled down her face.

Still, she tried to resist.

Still, she tried not to give those inferior beings the satisfaction of hearing more of her pained voice and as such, she covered her mouth with enough strength that her claws pierced her cheeks.

"Where...?"

Seeing that, the Commander once again looked around, but this time he poured everything he had into his senses, hoping that by doing so it would locate those who had killed his companion.

Yes, killed, for he knew that she was as good as dead.

After all, their healers had already been exterminated and the liches who could have casted [Delay Death] on her were ignoring their orders since the Grand Monster appeared.

And finally, he could see that his companion's draconic healing abilities and resistances were simply not working against the poison, as she was getting worse by the second.

"Here..."

"Wha—?!

That was when he suddenly heard a voice close behind him, so close that the word its owner uttered could have been whispered right into the Commander's ear.

He immediately turned around, swinging his massive axe with enough strength to cut in half whoever was behind him, only to find nothing but his faint shadow...

"No one...?"

"[Shadow Assault]."

"...!"

...and the one who leapt from inside of it the very moment his surprise became an opening.

He was not fast enough to counter or even react before that someone's blessed daggers pierced his heart and ended his life.

"Let's keep...moving...clean up..."

That someone was Luca, who disappeared once again into the darkness after she said that.

And having dealt with their own targets, her teammates were right behind her.

In another world as my waifu #1: Brave New World and the Fallen Prince(ss)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें