Chapter 66: Going to a cathedral in an isekai. Can you guess the check?

Yesterday was a busy day for the Maid-Knights.

The stealth team was occupied gathering info on everyone who will attend to the ball.

Meanwhile, the shopping team went back to the castle to get their new weapons and practice with them.

Lastly, my team had a meeting with our collaborators, Lorelei, Sven, Locke-chan, Greese, and Lyra.

I fluffed Lyra's tail and ears of course.

In any case, she reported that the sabotaging of New Glory's information network was going as planned.

Heh, distribute some logical half-truths and perfectly crafted fake reports here and there and misinformation will spread like wildfire.

That is true no matter the world.

I mean, anyone who has lived with internet long enough knows about this, courtesy of the abundance of fake and incorrect information.

You know, like your ships.

Unless they coincide with my own.

If that's the case, then they are true, of course.

Besto Waifu x Barbaric Healer FTW!

Still, if the information is not the same at several levels of the organization, it will cause terrible misunderstandings and its overall efficiency will drop.

Then add that we already have sabotaged their supply lines with the help of Lorelei, Sven and Locke-chan and that'll drop further.

But that's not all, oh no, not at all.

Their funding is also being bled out stealthily by Lorelei and Greese, who are doing it in the same clever ways they used to obtain said funding for New Glory. Except the extra-taxes.

Those will be left alone, regrettably. At least, until after we finish with all of this. It will sure raise some alarms if we do it now.

Besides that, all the pieces we need are in place now.

New Glory will fall.

And its head will help me do that.

After all, the King will keep being foolish and will try to brave through these obstacles, further destabilizing his enterprise.

Man, nothing says 'I'm being manipulated by the true villain' like a sudden decrease in intelligence.

Like, this guy is supposed to be the same person that handled the kingdom pretty well before doing all that crap.

Oh well, that makes things even more isekai so it is fine.

And just in time for the ball.

But that is only part one of the climax.

At least, that is what my instinct is telling me.

"Fufufu~~, I am already working on the dresses you and your companions will wear that day."

Don't forget yours, darling.

Even if you are not able to go, physically we can dance in my castle.

No. We will dance.

"Auros...indeed. That is certainly true, dear. Then, I will also make one for me and Ilya."

Perfect.

Back to our little summary, the prince has stopped sending spies to keep an eye on us after that first set of spies got the roulette treatment.

He probably thought that what happened was a warning of some sort and was prudent enough to leave us alone until we showed our hand.