Chapter 80: Gotcha! You mad Raph?

The maids and the butlers scrambled to put everything in order before the King arrived, quickly dismantling the impressive preparations they had done less than an hour ago.

The garden tables, the chairs, the luxurious garden awnings, the canopies, all of it was taken back to where it came from.

Doing so as fast as they had assembled it all.

Of course, while such thing was happening, the guests re-entered the venue in an orderly manner and resumed their mingling while they waited for the King.

Furthermore, the air around them had changed, or perhaps improved is a better word, for a clear liveliness could be seen on all their faces.

Not only everyone had been witnesses to incredible and surprising feats, not to mention the confirmation of an impending alliance, but a factor of annoyance for most of the guests had also been removed via a humiliating loss.

Indeed, Lord Ulthane was no longer present in the venue as his consciousness did not return even minutes after the battle. Some said that it was most likely due to the overwhelming shock of his defeat. While others said that they overheard something about the healers having trouble healing him.

In any case, he was gone, and the people were happily talking with the outstanding foreigners that had brought such a lively environment.

Meanwhile, Prince Licht watched from afar as he looked after his maid, Mary. While she had woken up some minutes after the last duel, she was still under the physical burden that the mana cost of 'going all-out' incurred. And even if she was still able to stand, Licht insisted in her remaining seated until she was in a better condition. Much to her shame as an attendant.

It is in that watching from afar that the Prince's gaze fell on Lady Auros and her companions, but something grabbed his attention almost immediately.

'Where is that woman that looked so similar to my mother? Did Lady Auros dismiss her to prevent something going awry with Father? No. She would not do that. I am sure that she is planning something.'

Such was what he thought as he scoured the venue with his eyes and found no sign of the woman named Eresh Kur.

'She must have disappeared when all the guests were entering the venue. But to be able to do that while being the center of attention...is that woman's power like mine or is it something else?'

So he pondered, trying to guess the capabilities of said woman. After all, his expectations had been thoroughly squashed with the performance of the other two women. Thus, he already knew that they were not ordinary people, but...to that level? It bordered on a whole world of difference and already went into the realm of the truly unique.

If so, then how strong was the woman who held off fighting in the duels? Eresh Kur.

Or perhaps she was not a fighter at all. Maybe she had other specialties.

Still, no matter how much Licht thought about it, he came back with nothing.

And as the Royal Knights lined up to make a path for the King, he decided to simply watch and adapt to whatever was going to happen.

Of course, that also meant that if he deemed it necessary, he would not hesitate to leave the area immediately.

All for the sake of his plan.

____________________________________________

The King of the Kyrie Kingdom, Raphael Gert vi Kyrie, walked down the hall that led to the special entrance of the venue.