Chapter 42: Once upon a Dragon Lord attack in the Kyrie Kingdom part 7

"This is..."

There are no words to describe what we saw as we arrived at the Capital.

The nightmare that unfolded before our eyes shouted at us that our expectations, however terrible, were naively wrong.

"Goddess..."

As the Capital grew closer and closer, we could hear the cries and roars that filled the battlefield grow louder.

"Shit..."

The Capital's forces were being overwhelmed; such thing was clear to us.

"DAMN IT!!"

And it made the fact that we were tricked into leaving it even more frustrating.

Kristoff's shout was more than enough to reflect the feelings of the entire Order, but it also served as a wake-up call to those who were too absorbed by what we were seeing.

The other Orders were doing the best they could to cover the weak points left by the military and the guards.

We could see the Gale Arrows unleash their deadly volleys of projectiles and magic, clearing groups of monsters and lizardmen foot soldiers with ease.

But the numerical advantage of our enemies made those efforts seem almost meaningless.

Meanwhile the Twilight Shields were spread all over the battlefield, providing much needed defense to the gates and the soldiers alike, but...they were being spread too thin.

They were barely advancing.

Then I saw even more undead and lizardmen advance towards the capital, which meant that our people would be annihilated if that continued.

"Form teams and go where you are most needed! Cover those retreating and back up those struggling! Disrupt the enemy and drive them back! We are The Swords of Dawn, fighting against nightmares is our specialty! FOR OUR PEOPLE! GO!"

"""""YES, LEADER!"""""

I immediately shouted my orders, and everyone entered that rainy battlefield with haste.

"I will see you in the battlefield, Leader!!"

Exclaimed Kristoff before going off on his own.

"Do not worry Leader we will act on our better judgement! [Quickstep]!"

Said Gabriel as he adjusted his gauntlets and left with a quick movement skill.

By that time, Luca was already gone with the rest of the scouts and were disrupting the enemy in various places of the battlefield.

With Eric and me being the only ones left.

"Eric, I must apologize for taking you off the battlefield, but you know what to do."

"If those are my orders, I will gladly obey them, My Prince! I will find answers!"

"May the Goddess watch over us!"

And so, we both went to our respective battlefields.

_________________________________________________

It was a bull.

A bull with a small sun on its forehead, as if towering before it.

"[Enhance Constitution]."

That was the emblem of those who were escaping from the attack of the one in charge of that nightmare.

"[Enhance Strength]."