Chapter 62: Allegra's lab and a special chair.

"We have arrived, Master."

So says Allegra as she stops in front of a wall and puts her hand on it.

The tunnels we traversed were quite crazy.

I can see now how anyone could get lost while traversing them.

So many turns to the right and left...

Although, the completionist gamer inside me is screaming, demanding me to explore the other tunnels to 'light up the map'...

And I really want to do that!

This is practically a dungeon under an isekai city!! Why the heck wouldn't I want to explore it?! I would do it until I get that satisfied feeling that comes with that '100% map exploration' achievement!!

"The path of knowledge is filled with poison, study so that you can prevail over it and find the truth."

OOOOOOHH!!! ALLEGRA IS RECITING SOMETHING SO COOL!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHH!!!! THE WALL LIT UP WITH STRANGE PURPLE SYMBOLS AND IS MOVING!!!

STAAAAAAAIRS!!! IT'S AN UNDE...hm?

Hmmm?

I thought for a second that it would be an underground lab, but the stairs seem to go upwards, not downwards.

Oh, well.

"This way, Master, everyone."

She says that before she starts going up the stairs and we obviously follow after her.

"I can see that this entrance is not the one from the past, Allegra. Are there more?"

Asks Erevain while looking back at the now descending wall that let us in.

Allegra nods with a cute 'mhm' mixed in.

"That is correct, Leader. This entrance is one of two that I thought I would never have to use. In hindsight, it certainly was worth the trouble of finding a home with these many ways of going in and out. This one in specific..."

She stops at a wooden door that reveals the inside of a fake closet.

It has spiderwebs in its corners and it is clearly dusty, but it doesn't seem eroded at all.

Strange.

"...is directly linked to my laboratory. It was supposed to be used in case of an emergency."

She opens the closet doors while saying that and her laboratory comes into view.

Although, the room in general is a bit dark and the smell of dust covers the air as one would expect of an abandoned place.

"It might be a bit dusty, but that will cease to be the case in a moment."

She snaps her fingers and then everything lights up.

Like...everything.

All thanks to the magic pulse coming from the chandelier on the ceiling. Said pulse leaves everything squeaky clean as it passes throughout the place in a matter of seconds, taking care of the dust, the smell, the spider webs and so on.

"Welcome, Master. To my humble laboratory."

She bows while presenting her lab to me with a motion of her hand and let me tell you...IT IS INCREDIBLE!!

Imagine an alchemist's laboratory but with even more fantasy in it!

And of course, there's tons of equipment here!