Chapter 77: A friendly conversation with a Prince.

A few minutes before a certain royal encounter, in a different corner of the ball's venue, a white-haired woman with a bob-cut that covered one of her eyes with a red colored bang found herself drinking amongst a group of women.

She was wearing a white and pink dress that complemented her hair color and emphasized her figure.

Although, it was a bit too tight for her, which made her try and wiggle her bottom discretely every now and then.

Some would say that she should have been already accustomed to those types of clothes given her age and status.

But what they did not know was that there was no way for that one woman to be accustomed to a dress like the one she was wearing. Or dresses in general, to be precise.

After all, she had been the man known as Locke Boid for most of her life until something happened just a week ago.

She met the Absurd, Auros Argento.

The same woman who was mingling with both nobles and citizens of the Kingdom like normal, with none of them being aware of the great power she held, nor her true identity.

Just the memories of her encounter with her made her shiver...and not in fear, but in longing.

Yes...for the pleasure, the relaxation, and the weightlessness that she had felt then were unforgettable. That time the Absurd interrogated her had been the first time that she had not felt the crushing presence of stress inside of her body and mind.

Not even the forest that she used to visit when going for materials seemed to give her the same level of release that the Absurd's massage had given her.

"Are you alright, Baronetess Boid? You were shivering."

And having noticed her shivering, one of the women who were accompanying her to the ball said that. She was a blonde woman with her hair tied in an elegant and over the shoulder braid. Furthermore, she also was as young as her.

But most importantly, she was the head of her household, one that had lost its eldest son in a certain event.

"Ah! Yes, I-I am alright. It was just a sudden cold feeling, nothing more. Thank you for your concern, Countess Pyr."

So said the red headed woman to her companion with a reassuring tone and a courteous smile. But that same companion seemed to have not believe her for she squinted her eyes in suspicion and pulled her closer to her, even checking her temperature with her hand.

"Really?"

"Y-Yes, Countess Pyr..."

"Alright, but I have already told you that there is no need to be so formal with me. After all, we share similar circumstances, and have we not established a friendly relationship throughout the week, Sarah?"

Yes, Sarah. That was the name that replaced her previous one after her change. As for the reasoning behind it, there was none. It was just the first name that occurred to her.

Still, hearing Countess Pyr say it to her throughout the week had helped her reinforce the fact that that was indeed her new name.

Even if the Countess' appearance in Sarah's life had been nothing but sudden.

Indeed, she appeared in the Boid's household home the very moment that it was made known that Locke Boid had 'disappeared' and that a hidden half-sister would take his place. Not only as a noble, but also as a provisionary head of the family.

Something that the other half-sisters, who were not of age and/or in other places, such as different cities and countries, did not object to.

Furthermore, said sisters trusted their brother's decisions, for he had been the one who raised them after being left orphaned by their father.