Chapter 69: The Goddess' Request II. A scolded maid. After needles, some fluff.

In the Castle of the Ever-Burning Will, the people were active as always.

Some maids trained from daybreak to sundown in the field.

Some did so in the training room.

Others kept preparing the supplies they would need for the incoming battle and still others looked over their Master's curious child while fulfilling their responsibilities.

But there was no place more active than the smithy.

For no matter if it was day or night, one could hear the sound of metal being shaped.

It was an unending symphony that sang about the birth of tools that would be used to wage war.

Oh, and they were not some ordinary weapons. Not at all.

The Blacksmith Maid, Roxxy, and her helpers, Josie, Max, and Patricia, were making weapons that could clash against those who were the enemies of the world.

The Dragon Lords.

________________________________________________

Aye...

I knew that this was gonna be a challenge.

So much so, that if I was still the old me, I don't think I would've been able to do it.

But I still accepted it.

After all, my friends needed better weapons, and Master went along with my request.

Giving up was not an option.

So, we spent day and night trying to come up

We had been up day and night trying to come up with alloys that would let us create durable weapons, ones that could endure our new strength, but also ones that were compatible with their user attributes.

Even more so than that...it was the curiosity of what the weapons would turn out to be what kept me up at night.

I wanted to see it...touch it...make it...that peak of forging!

I knew I could trust my friends in helping me with everything. Even if Max had to go to help in that newbie's training, she would just finish there and come back.

Aye, no matter how tired she already was, no matter how tired they all were. They stuck with me like the smell of this place.

But we were not alone in our task.

Heh, I dare say we had the best person we could've asked for help.

The Goddess herself.

Or...Miss Nerinne like we call her now.

She didn't actively do anything sides' giving me that lock of her hair, nor she directly told us how, but she gave small hints whenever she appeared in the smithy.

To be honest, she sometimes scared the shit out of us with her appearing so suddenly in the place...

Just like when the kiddo dipped her hands in molten metal and began using it as clay...

Thankfully, crazily, she was ok...but us...we were not ok...poor Josie even fainted...

Kiddo's eager to learn though and I'll gladly teach her everything I know, just like I taught Josie, Patricia and Max.

Still, the things the Goddess said...those things were burned into our minds after thinking so much of'em...

Things that sounded like nonsense to those uninitiated in the craft of forging and handling metals.