Chapter 84: What part of "King of Storms" you don't understand?

The calm before the storm.

No words could be truer than those.

The border between the forest and the valley that leads to the capital would become a bloody battlefield once again.

The screams of battle would fill the air and magic would sear the skin of everyone who dared cross paths with their opponent.

Growling, roaring, hissing and whispering, all could be heard coming from the teleported armies as they kept their advance towards Capital.

They were the armies whose full might was feared by the allied nations of the world.

They were the armies thought to be unstoppable if said might was truly unleashed upon the world.

They were the monstrous armies of the one known as Violet Death and they stopped their advance with just a movement of her hand.

She whose four great horns had natural runes brimming with power was who led them.

She who had dark violet hair and fair skin was the point of the formation...no...no one dared to walk in front of her.

For they knew that their place was behind the one they knew to be the oldest and wisest among those Dragon Lords known as the 'Chosen'.

One whose might was only truly matched by one other.

And even then, the battlefields where she appeared became mass graves at her mere glance.

Meanwhile, her armor seemed more revealing than practical with its deep cut open front, which showed a fair bit of her skin.

But armor was nothing more than fashion for Dragon Lords, for their scales were harder than any armor could hope to be. Yes, even if those scales looked like simple skin.

And in her case, it had a deeper message.

No, not just a message, but a statement for her enemy.

She was taking her seriously enough for her to not appear in her usual clothing, but in such battle-ready outfit.

In any case, even if she had ordered her armies to stop, she kept walking towards the center of the soon to be battlefield.

Her pace was confident.

Her irises glowed with many runes within them.

And her mana slowly covered her, making itself more and more visible by the moment.

Then, a grimoire appeared before her.

It was old, ancient even, with its cover depicting the skull of a horse and its back depicting a humanoid one.

It was surrounded by an aura made up of black clouds and lightning that constantly lashed out at its surroundings.

"Grimoire that brings forth the primordial storms of a forgotten age and their destruction, [Wilmarion]."

She said as the object in question floated into position and opened itself, waiting to be used.

That was one of the grimoires that she had prepared for her fight against her opponent.

The same opponent that had managed to ruin her entertaining play.

An opponent that was already there, for mere moments ago she and her servants had appeared in the grassy plain that was between her armies and the Capital.

She was an unparalleled beauty with pale skin, almost like wax, golden hair, and equally aurous colored eyes.

And while her servants were not at all far behind in terms of beauty, there was something else that grabbed the attention of Violet Death, and that was their incredible amount of power despite being humans.