Chapter 74: Getting ready for the ball.

"Violet Death?! And Master stopped her strange attack with her own strange attack...?"

Exclaimed Erica baffled by the identity of the one who interrupted our talk and how I dealt with it.

Also, it is not strange, it was my BLESSING.

Heh, yeah, I am thinking that word in all-caps to keep the reference.

Heck let's make that its name.

What? It doesn't have the name of a band or a popular song?

Well...yeah...but I still feel that it is a good name.

Allegra much, you say? Hey! That's not fair!

Anyways, there's something I'm curious about.

"How did her attack look to you, Erica?"

"It was like a moving distortion, Master. Similar to the ones Master creates when using spatial magic. It was moving at an incredible speed too, so I am not sure if I would have been able to perceive it before I joined Master."

She answers immediately while making her water rapier disappear.

Also...that means that I'm the only one capable of seeing that blade, huh.

Not only that, but it would be a troublesome attack for the Maid-Knights if she were to put more power into it. Of course, assuming everyone's perception is the same as Erica's...

"Is the Violet Death nearby, Master? We could mount a counterattack if that is the case."

And with those firm words I see no sign of the vulnerable side that she showed me moments ago.

"Hmph, there is no need for that. As I told you, that was a mere greeting from her. She is telling us that our actions have been noticed and that she will be dealing with us personally. As such, it is most likely that she is preparing to attack this place as we speak."

I say so as I close my eyes, put one of my arms under my voluptuous chest, my other arm in the typical chin-holding position, and nod while looking extremely confident in my words.

Because I am.

My instinct and my isekai knowledge are backing me up after all.

"Then what Master said when we were making our travel preparations is true...she has hastened her plans to attack."

Erica has opened her eyes widely in surprise and I smile at her with confidence.

"Indeed, that is why we do not have to do anything besides having a good rest. For our battle preparations have been under way since that moment."

I say so as I start walking back to the interior of the suite, followed closely by Erica.

Back then, my instinct had told me that she'd attack the Capital between the space of one to two weeks after our arrival. And now it is obvious that everything we did was what brought that result.

"I shall take Master's advice then and go to rest. I...thank you for listening to me and...for what you did, Master."

She says that as we walk through the hall leading to my bedroom.

While doing so, I carefully, and naturally, evade a certain 'empty' space.

Shortly after that, it doesn't take long for us to reach my bedroom's door.

I then turn around and put my hand on Erica's shoulder in an affectionate way.

"I will always be open to lend an ear for my precious comrades. So, do not hesitate to ask me again if you so need to or want to."