Chapter 50: Bathing this Capital with blessings (shady plans)!

My Lord...has been taken.

And by the head of the church, no less.

It was quick, but I was able to identify her the moment she stepped out of her carriage to take My Lord with her.

That blonde hair, that tanned skin and most importantly, that youthful face.

She still has the same appearance she had when I was a child, which is normal for someone that has been blessed by the Goddess and entrusted with such responsibility.

But even then...why would she do that?

She was instructed by the Goddess herself to help us in our mission, but what she did a few moments ago could only be called as counterintuitive. Even more if one wishes to establish a good relationship between the Church and us.

Still, I am not afraid for My Lord's life, even if that sounds badly as her servant. I know her power and I know she is not at risk.

She has not resorted to use said power either.

She probably concluded that if she were to use it, she would not only hurt civilians but also bring unwanted attention to herself and thus, that would compromise our mission.

I am her right hand and as such, I must try and predict her thoughts at times like these, specially these, so that I can be of use.

Moreover, with her relationship with the Goddess it is entirely possible that she also knows who that woman is.

Thus, I believe that they must be establishing a strong and reliable bond that will ensure a productive cooperation at this very moment.

As expected of My Lord, she has already thought of everything in the present and even in the future.

I shall aim to play my part in her plans perfectly and show her that she can trust me with the movements of said plan.

I shall do so continuously, earnestly and with discipline.

That is what I need to do for My Lord Auros.

For the woman that has showed me not only a new path, but also a new perspective on life.

I shall devote these feelings in my heart for that.

_________________________________________

"Once again, we deeply apologize!"

This is the second time the leader of the Paladins has bowed in apology for surrounding us when My Lord was taken.

And while he has not told us his name, we already know it, for as fate would have it, he was someone we knew in our...past life here.

His name is Julian Gardos.

It is a welcome surprise to see how much he climbed up the Paladin ranks in the five years we were exiled.

Back then, we knew him as Kris' Paladin friend and sparring partner.

One that she constantly invited to our headquarters to have her matches and thus, he became a usual guest of ours.

If Kris was here, he might have recognized her just by looking at her sword and how she handled it.

That is how much they fought each other back then.

"Her Holiness wanted to speak with Lady Argento immediately after she arrived. So, when all of you and Lady Argento arrived late, she started to worry and that...haaa...affected her patience. We had our orders and as you might know we cannot go against them. Even if said orders left us in this awkward situation..."