Chapter 83: Separated by Ice. Reunited by Ice. Part 2 of 2

"They are here. Violet Death and her armies are here, Auros."

—!

I know that my instinct told me that she would attack today but still...I can't help but be surprised.

"She teleported her whole armies here, dear. That is why it might be surprising for you."

I can't deny that I am nervous but...!

As you said! I have to be strong!

Even if that sounds too cliché!

And it is a check for the isekai list!!

I have promises to keep and I will not cower away!

"That is what I wanted to hear, Auros."

I can feel that I am making an expression full of conviction right now and that is good.

I focus a bit and I send the preemptive signal to all the Maid-Knights through their marks.

This will let them know to get ready.

Also...Erevain is coming back.

She changed into her maid-knight outfit while fighting with her father...I see...she did not want to fight him while dressed for a party.

She wanted to fight him in her combat clothing as a form of respect...regardless of him deserving that or not...

"My Lord...I...did what I had to do. I apologize for not being able to bring him alive, but he...my Father...he was too far gone...even before he corrupted himself with the Evil God's Blood. There was no other way it would have ended...and I truly lament that."

She says that with a complex expression on her face and her eyes are showing that she is not going let out more tears.

Corruption with Evil God's Blood...? Indeed, I did 'see' with my senses that he had suddenly changed before she finished...but I can't think about that right now...

I have to say something.

I can't just stay silent even if it is difficult for me.

"Erevain, there is no need to apologize. Not to me...nor the Goddess. Your actions were never motivated by revenge, nor selfishness, but from your sense of justice and love. Things that had been planted by your parents long ago and nurtured by you. Your Father may have lost his way and the light that guided him, but the embers that he gave you long ago are..."

I point at her heart as I say that.

"...here, burning with intensity. His reasons might have been selfish, but if there is something that can be salvaged from all that, is that yes, it is time to show the people of this world a new path. Will you add your light to mine and show everyone the way?"

This is the best that I can say with the little time we have.

I know, I know...it is a bit cheesy, but it does come from the bottom of my heart.

I am also making a really soft and warm expression right now, you know?

"Haha...yes, it will be an honor, My Lord Auros. And...thank you."

Ah...she truly is as strong as she is beautiful...

I am glad that my words are able to make her smile like that.

But...this sweet moment will need to be cut short.

Because we must go.

So...I signal Erica and Gabrielle to return with my hand and they do so with haste.