Chapter 95: Dancing in the moon-less night.

Having returned to normal after the end of such raging battle, the wind caressed the leaves of the many trees that filled the forest as gently as a caring mother, making them softly dance in response.

And they did so not in silence but to the tune of the natural orchestra that could only be found there, one provided by the insects, nocturnal birds, and other beings that called the forest their home.

It was there where bonds would be strengthened and not in a royal venue like some had thought.

But that was alright, for life simply likes it when sometimes things do not go according to plan.

Because sometimes...sometimes something better awaits.

____________________________________________

"Then, shall we dance?"

SHEEEE SAID IIIIIIIT!!!

EREVAIN TOTALLY SAID IT!!

THIS IS HAPPENING!!

"Indeed."

Not wasting any time after my perfectly done response, Erevain extends her right hand to me and I grab it in the way she taught me.

Delicately and with propriety.

What? I'm the woman of the duo, you say? Heh, things are not like that in Arte. There is only the one who invites to dance and the one who is invited, regardless of gender.

In any case, while taking a small step towards each other, Erevain puts her left hand on my right arm, and I put my right hand on her left shoulder blade. Not her waist, mind you, but her shoulder blade. You wouldn't believe how difficult it was to deal with that when she was teaching me!

And with that, we start our nightly dance, all as the moon that Erevain brought forth with her spell baths us in its light.

How do I know it was because of her spell? Well, it's pretty obvious already, add my instinct to that and profit.

Now...

One...two...three...four...

Yes, this dance is eerily similar to the kind of ball dance we are all accustomed to see. But it has one difference, at least the one I can think of with my little knowledge about dancing. And said difference consists of where we go.

What I mean, is that rather than doing so in a circular manner, we are moving in straight lines while also doing sharp turns here and there, which makes it look as if we were drawing a big square. It is also why we count to four.

"One...two...three...four...you are doing well, My Lord."

"That is because I had a good teacher, Erevain."

"Ah yes. Although, I heard that she can be a tad...strict."

As Erevain playfully says that, we go seamlessly into the second phase of the dance, where we go inside of the square we 'traced' and 'draw' a circle with our movements.

"Heh, indeed. She can even be overbearing sometimes."

Hearing this, Erevain raises her eyebrows for a moment and then her expression becomes a bit sad, but I'll change that quickly with what I'm about to do and say.

"But...that is part of her charm."

So, I smile as I pull her even closer to me without missing a step thanks to my instinct's help and continue right where I left off, all while looking right at those beautiful silver eyes of hers, causing her to blush.