Chapter 51: Maid Express! Capturing suspects was never this easy!

With Luca and the rest of her team taking care of their targets, it's time to talk about the last suspect.

But not before I take a sip of the nice tea Gabrielle brewed.

Ahh, she sure knows how to make a good tea that even I, of the coffee faction, can enjoy and praise.

Ok, let's continue.

"So, is the last suspect who I think it is? After all, barring that detail, I cannot think of any other reason to not mention him in the list of suspects."

While I say that, I put my teacup down and turn my gaze to Julian, who has now raised his eyebrows in surprise. He probably didn't expect us to know, but we know.

And now he is looking at Ludovica, a.k.a. the Gal Head of the Church, asking for permission, which she gives.

Although, looking at him, I can see that he is still cautious. Even after his boss told him about me being sent by the Goddess not too long ago.

Or maybe he just doesn't want to get in troublesome situations?

"We have good reason to believe that Prince Licht is related to 'New Glory' and that he is responsible for the disappearance of various nobles. The latest of those being Baron Cuhalin."

"..."

Hearing Julian's words, Erevain not only raises an eyebrow but also seems to be...sad. Meanwhile, the other maids react a bit more strongly.

I can see that Gabrielle's usual smile is gone while Erica has a frustrated expression, one that she is trying her best to reign in.

Worst of all, there is still a glaring absence in those suspects.

Is it that they are not counting them because they already confirmed it? Or is it the opposite?

My instinct is leaning towards the former, but I still must ask the question. After all, that is not the only strange absence that is irking me either.

"What about the King and Miss Hilde? Are they not suspects? Given what happened five years ago, it would be foolish not to suspect them. Or is the Church so gullible that you just swallowed whatever story they spewed?"

Not only do I apply some of the usual pressure to my words, but this time, I'm adding some real anger to them, one that is also shown in my sharpened gaze.

"""""...!!"""""

Of course, that immediately startles the Paladins. So much so, that one of them has instinctively reached for his sword and is about to pull it out, or that is what I would say if not for Julian strongly stopping him with his hand.

"Oooh~~, so you totes knew about it, Lady Argento."

So says Ludovica, killing the tension with her playful demeanor and showing how unaffected she was by my pressure despite being the closest to me.

She is no pushover; I'll give her that.

"Hmph, of course. So, are you going to answer my question?"

"Weell~~, I should, right?"

Grrr...this smug gyaru...

"We did not mention the King or Miss Hilde because...they are not considered suspects. They are confirmed to be part of it."

Oh, she has turned serious.

"But I suppose that is not the question you want answered since you already knew that, yes, Lady Argento?"

Nope, I was mistaken, her smile is back and is now a devilish one as she asks me that. Even her eyes are smiling like that.

Seriously, there is not a bit of piousness in the smile of this gal nun...only this shrewdness...