The Time of Angels

* A/N I do not own Doctor Who or any of its characters; I only own my own OC. Story contains spoilers for the show.

Teresa regained consciousness s she was thrust out of her time travel, landing who knew where, and she immediately wished she hadn't. She could hear someone shouting in surprise, but she couldn't focus as she screamed in silent agony. Every fiber of her body felt like it was on fire as the regeneration took over.

It was as though every cell was bursting into oblivion, and yet growing out anew, and she couldn't even breathe as the pain wracked her body. She could feel the physical changes tearing through her and she finally threw her head back, releasing the last of her regeneration energy and blasting it into the air as her first regeneration finally completed. Or, she thought it was the air.

There was an enormous explosion, and as she finally regained her bearings somewhat, she saw vaguely that her regeneration energy had blasted the side of a cliff. She thought she saw a vague outline of the hole she'd presumably created, but she couldn't really focus on it as she found something far more interesting.

Terry wiggled her fingers and held her tiny hands in front of her face, examining them. They were almost dainty and child-like, so small compared to her longer hands from before. Her head also felt much lighter, and she couldn't feel her hair brushing her shoulders anymore, although she could feel it tickling the back of her neck. She was still mostly dazed as she tried to catalogue the changes to her body, when there was a very rude interruption.

"Who are you?" An older man dressed in a khaki uniform asked incredulously, staring down at the young woman who'd appeared in a burst of golden energy and blasted the hole through the cliff before his men could denote the explosives. She stared at him uncomprehendingly, and the man shivered a little at the suddenly intense expression on the woman's face.

"Who are you?" She shot back, her voice husky and full.

He stared as Terry blinked rapidly and then asked again: "Who are you? You? Who?"

She began to ramble, feeling slightly confused but at the same time excited at her changed voice. "Potato. Potato. Tomato. Tomato. Banana. B-"

"Yes, alright." The man snapped, interrupting her again. "Answer my question, who-?"

He was cut off as Terry abruptly shot up, and leaned up on her toes so that her face was close to his as her eyes narrowed angrily at him. He backed away a little in alarm as she snapped back: "Stop interrupting me, you're distracting! Oh, I'm sorry."

She was suddenly back flat down on her feet, looking contrite as she moaned: "That was rude, am I rude too now? Oh, this is all the Doctor's influence isn't it?"

The man stared at her, his mouth slightly open in shock. As she continued to grumble under her breath, he finally found his voice again and asked: "So, you, you know the Doctor then?"

"Oh, yes, of course." She replied blithely. She then focused again on the man and she mused: "And I know you, don't I? Father Octavian."

He started in surprise but she didn't notice as she continued cheerfully: "Oh, this must be the angels, isn't it? Oh, wait, you haven't gotten there yet, have you. Sorry, spoilers."

"What...?" Father Octavian asked, flabbergasted, and Terry said easily: "Well, you're still here so it hasn't happened yet. Oh wait, I think that's another spoiler... which, is also a spoiler. Sorry, rambling, bloody hell I can certainly talk now, can't I? Definitely the Doctor's influence." She sighed.

Octavian stared at her, completely bewildered, when suddenly they heard the Doctor call in surprise and delight: "Terry!"

Terry beamed, turning around to face the Doctor as he ran over. He'd just reached out to hug her when she suddenly frowned and he pulled back quickly in alarm.