The Idiot's Lantern

"I thought we'd be going for the Vegas era," Rose commented as she stepped out of the Tardis, "you know the white flares and the, grr, chest hair."

"No, no, no." Terry shook her head as she followed the blonde girl out of the Tardis. "Definitely not."

"You want to see Elvis, you go for the late fifties." Ten agreed as he poked his head out to be heard better, while struggling with something inside the Tardis. "The time before burgers."

He disappeared back into the Tardis while Rose gave Terry a critical look as the Doctor continued from inside the Tardis: "When they called him the Pelvis and he still had a waist."

"Okay, so I'll give into the fifties thing." Rose answered. "I'll even agree to the Doctor's quiff."

She pointed into the Tardis as she attempted to gesture towards the Doctor's styled hair.

"Oi! Don't touch the quiff!" The Doctor yelled from inside, and they could picture him dragging a hand against the side of his hair dramatically.

Terry laughed while Rose snorted, though the blonde tried to get serious again as she continued: "But, what I cannot condone is!"

She pointed at Terry as she implored: "Terry, come on! I got dressed for the occasion – why won't you do the same for me?"

Terry glanced down at her outfit before she shrugged.

"I'm wearing black heels?" She tried, and Rose shook her head.

"Those are your normal heeled boots! And you're also wearing your regular leggings, shirt-dress, and leather jacket!" The blonde complained. "I even begged you to match with me!"

She gestured to her many-layered pink tulle skirt, and Terry pointed out: "Rose, I'm barely over five feet tall – if I wear a skirt like yours, I'll look ridiculous; or like a child."

"And heaven forbid that." The Doctor laughed as he rode out of the Tardis on his scooter.

Terry snorted while Rose lifted an amused brow to see he was wearing a white helmet and some shades on his regular brown striped suit, definitely rocking the style as he added casually: "Besides, I think Terry's got style as she is."

"Of course you think that way." Rose answered, rolling her eyes while Terry hid a laugh, and a sigh.

She had been traveling with the Doctor and Rose for about a week now, and in all that time she had come to truly appreciate how the Doctor must have felt all those times she hadn't been aware they were dating while he had known. It was hard to look at the Doctor and resist pressing a kiss on him.

Although, it was amusing to see him blush with embarrassment because of her; there was something a tiny bit gratifying to see with her own eyes that the Doctor hadn't been lying when he'd told her he'd fallen in love with her long before he'd confessed.

Just as she suspected the Doctor had felt some small satisfaction with knowing the same with her earlier selves later in his own timeline.

The Doctor pretended to not hear Rose's comment as he threw Rose a pink helmet while holding out a black one to Terry. Both girls took their respective helmets with grins, though Rose tilted her head as she looked the scooter over.

"But Doctor, how are we all going to travel on that?" Rose asked, nodding at the scooter, and Terry grinned. "And don't try and say it's 'bigger on the inside' because we're not exactly going to be riding inside it."

"Well, it's funny you should say that." Terry commented as she kicked the side of the scooter.

A sidecar popped out of the side, unfolding itself and sitting proudly beside the scooter.