Dalek/Long Game

The three stood before the Tardis, and the Doctor patted the blue box fondly.

"A little piece of home." He murmured, before looking at Terry.

"Do you think...?" He began before his courage failed him. But Terry understood, and gave a small smile before shaking her head.

"I'm sorry." She answered softly. "But..."

She trailed off, letting him think she meant she believed no-one else had survived the Time War. He needed to find out about the Master on his own.

"Ah, well." He murmured. "It could have been worse."

"I think that's my line." Terry pointed out. "After all, you weren't very nice to me."

The Doctor cringed, clearly feeling incredibly bad about the whole thing.

"I'm sorry." He apologized. "Really, I am. I'm not just saying that because I know you're not human now either – I meant to apologize if... when you came back."

Terry grinned, and bumped his shoulder good-naturedly.

"Well, it's better late than never, right?" She said cheekily, and he looked at her in surprise. "Though, you really should learn to control your temper – it's not becoming on a man. Time Lord." She amended.

He made a face, but she taunted: "Oh? You think you won't be able to keep your own tantrums in check? My, my, Rose, what do you see in him?"

"Fine! I promise I won't lose my temper at you." The Doctor interjected, and Rose laughed while Terry arched a brow as she repeated: "At only me?"

"... I'll try to control my own temper from now on." He said grudgingly, and Terry nodded.

"Good boy." She patted his head affectionately, making him frown while Rose laughed harder. "Trust me, it's a much better look on you when you smile, Doctor."

He looked at her in surprise at that, while Terry yawned before she turned to Rose as the blonde chimed in curiously: "So, how does this work, anyway? You're a Time Lady, but you've completely changed."

"Well, I'm a Time Lady but I'm still Terry." Terry explained. "It's just that I've regenerated."

"What's 'regenerated' mean?" Rose asked curiously, and the Doctor cut in quickly: "She's changed herself entirely."

"What?" Rose asked, confused, and Terry explained carefully: "I can change who I am when under... certain circumstances. Not just appearance, but personality too."

"Really?" Rose asked, surprised, while the Doctor frowned slightly.

He jumped, however, when Terry said telepathically: "I won't tell her the truth about Time Lord regenerations. But if I were you, I'd tell her about it myself."

"Ohhhh, this is nice. I haven't heard anyone in so long." He sighed through their telepathic link. "You really are a Time Lady..."

"Yes, I 'really' am a Time Lady." Terry interrupted impatiently. "And remember what I said, Theta," he started at her use of his Academy name, "you really should tell her. The truth about regeneration."

"I will, someday." He answered evasively, and Terry sighed: he wasn't going to tell Rose. Well, she'd tried to warn him. On his own head be it.

Aloud, she just said, speaking to Rose: "Yes, really. For example, I now have a gob like his."

She gestured at the Doctor who frowned.

"Gob?" He asked, while Rose eyed the Time Lady and noted: "And more feminine fashion sense?"

"Definitely." Terry agreed to both, while the Doctor added, still miffed about the 'gob' jab: "Ah, I've been meaning to say."