Vincent and the Doctor

The Doctor smiled as he led Terry and Amy through the museum, waving his free hand around excitedly towards Amy while he kept his other firmly around Terry's, as though hoping to prevent her inevitable departure if he held on long enough.

Terry just let him, simply enjoying the special exhibition in the Musée d'Orsay while Amy squealed silently in equal if not more excitement than the Doctor as she looked around at all the Van Gogh paintings hung around the gallery.

Behind them, Terry could hear the museum curator, Dr. Black, explaining to an audience as he stood before the 'Wheatfield with crows' painting: "And especially astonishing because Van Gogh did it with no hope of praise or reward. He is now-"

"Thanks for bringing me." Amy said lightly, pretending to be cool about it as she glanced at the two Time Lords.

"You're welcome." The Doctor answered, and Amy teased: "I was talking to Terry."

"You're welcome." Terry replied with a grin while the Doctor pouted and Amy laughed slightly.

"How'd you know I wanted to come here?" The redhead asked curiously as she looked about, and Terry answered with a shrug: "The Doctor wanted to take you; a little bird may have told him you love Van Gogh's paintings."

"May." Amy scoffed, though she still looked excited as she glanced around the room. "And I thought you said you weren't little?"

"Well..." Terry shrugged, though Amy's words reminded her of the fiasco over Donna's ruined Christmas wedding. There was still the confusion as to how she'd gone from checking on Donna after the redhead had crashed into the stairwell and fallen to the ground, to feeling like she'd been pulled out of a daydream to find the Doctor already executing the Racnoss...

"You're being so nice to me." Amy mused, bringing Terry back to the present as Amy turned sharply back to the two Time Lords as she asked suspiciously: "Why are you being so nice to me?"

"I'm always nice to you." The Doctor protested, and Terry chimed in: "Rather, I'm usually nice to you."

"Hey." The Doctor complained, but Amy butted in impatiently: "Fine, you're both usually nice to me; but not like this. These places you're taking me. Arcadia, the Trojan Gardens, now this."

She eyed the Doctor as he tried to look casual, and she added: "I think it's suspicious."

"What?" The Doctor protested quickly. "It's not. There's nothing to be suspicious about."

"Okay, I was joking." Amy answered, rolling her eyes, before she frowned as she added in confusion: "Why aren't you?"

"He's just had a rough day." Terry reassured Amy, her face giving nothing away, while the Doctor peered at Dr. Black as the man explained to his audience: "Each of these pictures now is worth tens of millions of pounds, yet in his lifetime he was a commercial disaster. Sold only one painting, and that to the sister of a friend."

Amy and Terry also peered over, the short brunette having much more difficulty than her two tall companions, while Black continued: "We have here possibly the greatest artist of all time, but when he died you could sold his entire body of work and got about enough money to buy a... sofa. And a couple of chairs."

The audience, including the small trio, chuckled, and then Dr. Black waved his group on as he said: "If you follow me now-"

"It's the doctor!" A child's voice sounded from behind.

The Doctor back in surprise, while Terry glanced at him in amusement as two schoolboys, crowded before a portrait of Dr. Gachet, said imperiously: "He was the doctor who took care of Van Gogh when he started to go mad."