Hide

Terry cringed as she reappeared. She had just barely managed to pull on a shirt and hastily grabbed a nearby dressing gown before she'd disappeared, leaving Ten.

Except it wasn't her dressing gown... or shirt. She was ready to hit something, maybe her own head, as she quickly pulled Ten's dark blue dressing gown tighter around her body, her face heating up as she saw exactly where she'd landed.

"Terry?" Clara asked in surprise as she spotted the petite woman who'd appeared in the middle of the Tardis.

Eleven whipped around from his spot at the console, and Terry waved awkwardly as his mouth dropped open when he saw what she was wearing.

"Hello. Sorry... I was... sleeping." Terry muttered as she tried not to look too guilty.

But by the Doctor's red face and Clara's amused one, she wasn't fooling anyone. Not that she really could, given the circumstances.

"Er... I'm guessing you just came from Midnight." The Doctor said, half-heartedly trying to make light of the situation, and Terry cringed.

"Yes." She muttered, wrapping her arms around herself extremely tightly. This was probably her most mortifying jump ever. It certainly wasn't helping that Clara was looking incredibly entertained.

"I'll just..." Terry muttered as she backed out of the console room before she almost fled to her room.

She scolded herself, all the previous warmth from Ten's embrace gone as she was utterly horrified at the state she'd arrived in. And why did it have to be Clara and Eleven? Clara was certainly not going to stop teasing her, while it would be a rather unfriendly reminder to the now married Doctor that he'd basically been with a woman who wasn't his wife. A woman he would have to continue to face, unlike the others before Terry.

Terry berated herself, hating how unfair life was sometimes. It was like the Gods were reminding her that she wasn't his future - as though she needed reminding.

But she paused by the showers, feeling Ten's dressing gown. She could smell him on it, a mix of peppermints and his aftershave, and it reminded her of last night. And even though she felt like she really should regret it... she didn't.

'I must be a masochist.' She thought gloomily as she finally made her way into the shower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Right," the Doctor said loudly when Terry returned to the console room, freshly showered and properly dressed, "so, Clara and I were just about to go investigate something interesting."

"A ghost, apparently." Clara added, apparently also taking the Doctor's lead in pretending that nothing out of the ordinary had happened – for which Terry was immensely grateful.

Relaxing as well, Terry raised a brow.

"Ghost?" She repeated as she glanced at the Doctor.

"Is that right?" She asked him mentally while Clara nodded as she explained: "Apparently, there've been these disturbances, coming from the Caliburn house. So we were going to go check it out."

"Well, unless you have an idea on what's so special about Clara." The Doctor hinted, and Terry's lips twitched as she fought a wry smile.

"No... I don't." Terry admitted. The big reveal had been set to happen in the last episode of season seven, and that had been the episode Terry had missed when she'd been transported to the Doctor's universe.

"Unless you wanted to do something else?" Clara asked, unaware of the Doctor and Terry's silent conversation.

Terry smiled lightly at the companion as she answered: "No - I like the idea of ghost hunting."