Christmas Invasion 2

Terry sat beside the Doctor, rubbing her eyes tiredly. Her sleep deprivation was really starting to sink in, but she was too worried about the Doctor at the moment to let it hinder her just yet.

The fact that her disabling one Christmas tree had failed to alter the course of the episode's events concerned her. While that meant that at least she could be sure the Doctor was going to be all right, it didn't stop her from worrying that something might happen to harm the Doctor.

Terry heard a sound behind her, and she looked up as Jackie poked her head inside, whispering: "Here's the tea, sweetheart. Do you need anything else?"

Terry shook her head as she took the mug Jackie was offering gratefully, saying softly: "No, thank you, Jackie. How's Rose?"

"I dunno." Jackie sighed. "She and Mickey are hunched over that computer of his."

"Looking up pilot fish." Terry sighed, and Jackie nodded.

"You let me know if you need anything, sweetheart. Anything at all." Jackie informed her, and Terry nodded.

"I will – thanks, Jackie." Terry answered warmly, and Jackie gave her a small smile before she left the room again, and Terry turned back to the unconscious Doctor.

He was sweating now, burning a fever that worried Terry. She set the tea carefully down as she tried to maneuver the Doctor into a position so he could drink the tea. But he was so weak and ill from his brief moment of consciousness that it was impossible.

Terry hesitated, deliberating as she held the mug of tea. There was one other thing, something she'd only seen on TV before... but it might do the trick.

'You're just saying that because you want to kiss him.' A small voice inside her head sneered, but the rest of her brain snapped: 'Shut up – I just don't want him to suffer.'

She glanced back at the mug and then the Doctor, and then Terry took a deep breath as she made her decision.

Swallowing hard, her throat suddenly feeling dry, she steadied her resolve before she took a sip of the tea. Then, leaning carefully down over the Doctor and pinching his nose with her free hand, Terry pressed her lips to his.

They were as soft as she remembered, and almost as warm given her first kiss with Ten had been in a boiling hot escape pod inside a volcano. Though the fact that the warmth was coming from his current fever made her worry, Terry was relieved when the Doctor reflexively swallowed, drinking the tea she'd passed via mouth-to-mouth.

Immediately, she felt his fever drop a degree or two, and she almost dropped the mug in utter relief.

Feeling encouraged by her success, she repeated her actions until there was almost no tea left and the Doctor's fever had gone down completely. By that stage, she'd kissed him about ten more times, and it was only as she set the mug down that the realization fully hit her.

'I've basically molested him in his sleep.' She thought despairingly as she snuck another peak at the Doctor from the corner of her eyes.

'No, it was medicinal.' Terry argued with herself. 'Completely professional.'

'But not detached.' The snide voice in her head noted, and Terry groaned.

Yup, she was certainly starting to argue with herself, and she was definitely starting to become like the Doctor.

'I hate myself.' Terry thought moodily as she got to her feet.

Immediately, she felt the world spin a little, and she held her head to steady herself as her vision swam.