Christmas Invasion 3

"You killed them!" Alex cried as the humans all stared up at the Doctor in horror.

But Terry smirked a little as the Doctor simply placed both hands behind his back, and asked the Sycorax leader: "What do you think, big fellow? Are they dead?"

"We allow them to live." The alien grunted, and the Doctor repeated in amusement: "'Allow'? You've no choice. I mean, that's all blood control is."

The Doctor rubbed his ear as he wandered off again while he continued: "A cheap bit of voodoo. Scares the pants off you, but that's as far as it goes. It's like hypnosis."

He leaned on the rails before him as he went on: "You can hypnotise someone to walk like a chicken or sing like Elvis. You can't hypnotise them to death - survival instinct's too strong."

"Someone's having fun." Terry teased him, and he winked at her while the Sycorax leader growled: "Blood control was just one form of conquest. I can summon the armada and take this world by force."

"Well, yeah, you could, yeah." The Doctor agreed. "You could do that, of course you could. But why?"

He gestured down at the humans as he continued: "Look at these people. These human beings. Consider their potential."

Terry raised her brows as the Doctor went on: "From the day they arrive on the planet and blinking step into the sun, there is more to see than can ever be seen. More to do-"

"That's the Lion King, Doctor." Terry called, and the Doctor blinked.

"So it is." He mused. "Excellent film. But the point still stands."

He walked up behind a guard as he cried: "Leave them alone!"

"Or what?" The Sycorax leader snarled, and the Doctor replied: "Or."

He suddenly reached forward, unsheathing the sword hanging from the Sycorax guard's belt, and he ran forward with it until he stood beside Terry and before the Tardis.

"I challenge you!" The Doctor declared.

Terry hid a smile as the Sycorax all began to laugh, and the Doctor noted as he glanced at Terry: "Oh, that struck a chord."

"They underestimate your size." Terry said as she glanced at the Sycorax, and the Doctor wiggled his brows at her as he teased: "Well, they do say that size isn't everything."

She blinked, before her cheeks flooded with heat and the Doctor chuckled.

"Just focus on your challenge." Terry retorted, still embarrassed, and he laughed silently at her even as he turned back to the Sycorax leader.

"Am I right that the sanctified rules of combat still apply?" The Doctor asked as he began to remove his dressing gown.

"You stand as this world's champion." The Sycorax declared as he withdrew his own sword, while Rose hurried towards the Doctor, Mickey and Harriet's entourage following closely behind.

"Thank you." The Doctor mused. "I've no idea who I am, but you just summed me up."

He tossed his dressing gown at Terry, and she caught it deftly even as she moved to reach out an arm to stop Rose from getting closer.

"This is the Doctor's fight now." She explained to the blonde in a low voice, and Rose looked at her incredulously while the Doctor faced the Sycorax leader.

"So, you accept my challenge?" The Doctor asked as he raised his sword. "Or are you just a cranak pel casacree salvak?"

Terry rolled her eyes at the Doctor's crude insult, but she had to admit it was effective. The Sycorax roared indignantly as the whole crowd of his followers growled and cheered their support from the ampitheatre behind them.