The Eleventh Hour 3

"And we're off!" The Doctor crowed, grinning widely. "Look at that. Look at that!"

He pointed at the clock, which now read 0:00. Prisoner Zero frowned and turned to look at the clock, while Amy and Rory looked confused, and the Doctor said with a playful shrug: "Yeah, I know, just a clock. Whatever."

Prisoner turned back, eyes narrowed, while the Doctor continued with a smile: "But do you know what's happening right now? In one little bedroom, Terry and my team are working. Jeff and the world. And do you know what they're doing? They're spreading the word all over the world, quantum fast. The word is out. And do you know what the word is?"

Amy's eyes widened with awe, but Terry bit her lip as she watched Prisoner Zero closely.

"The word is Zero." The Doctor declared, and Prisoner Zero's eye twitched as he understood where this was going.

"Now, me," the Doctor continued smugly, "if I was up in the sky in a battleship, monitoring all Earth communications, I'd probably take that as a hint. And if I had a whole battle fleet surrounding the planet, I'd be able track a simple old computer virus to its source in, what, under a minute?"

The Doctor held up Rory's phone, still in his hand, as he added: "The source, by the way, is right here."

As he spoke, a blindingly bright light beamed into the ward room from outside the windows as the Atraxi honed in on the signal, and the Doctor beamed.

"Oh! And I think they just found us!" He laughed, while Terry watched the cornered Prisoner Zero as the giant Atraxi eyeball flew down and scanned inside the room.

"The Atraxi are limited." Prisoner Zero answered calmly. "While I'm in this form, they'll still be unable to detect me. They've tracked a phone, not me."

"Yeah, but this is the good bit." The Doctor replied lightly. "I mean, this is my favourite bit. Do you know what this phone is full of?"

He held up Rory's phone.

"Pictures of you. Every form you've learned to take, right here. Ooo, and being uploaded," he scrolled through the phone, "about," he pressed a button, "now."

The Doctor grinned as Prisoner Zero's eyes narrowed, and he said in satisfaction: "And the final score is, no Tardis, no screwdriver, two minutes to spare. Who da man?"

He flung his arms out wide in triumph, and Amy pulled a face while Rory and Prisoner Zero stared at his ridiculous behaviour.

"Oh, I'm never saying that again." The Doctor pouted. "Fine-."

"Prisoner Zero, just give up." Terry said sharply, but the alien was unwilling to take her hint as it hissed: "Then I just need to take a new form."

The Doctor frowned, glancing at Terry as he answered: "You know you can't. It takes months to form that kind of psychic link."

"And she's had years." Terry interjected calmly, as she took the phone from the Doctor. "But you know what, Prisoner Zero? You may have a link to Amy's mind, but that's going to lead to your downfall. Because you see, she's never met me yet. So she doesn't know. Which means you don't know."

Prisoner Zero's eyes narrowed in confusion, and Terry held up the phone.

"You know what this is?" She asked, raising a brow at the agitated alien, who wanted to shift form before it was caught by the Atraxi but curious as to what Terry was going to say. "This is Rory's phone, as in Amy's boyfriend's phone. And you know what he has in here other than the pictures of the coma patients?"

Prisoner Zero's nostril's flared, and Terry smiled lightly.

"Pictures of the woman he loves." She informed the alien. "Pictures he's saved of Amelia Pond, starting from when he first met her when she was eight," Rory and Amy frowned in confusion as they wondered how Terry knew this, "until now."