The Eleventh Hour

The moment Terry materialized, she immediately started coughing violently. Tears started streaming down her face as she fought to breathe around the thick smoke that was fogging up the entire Tardis... not to mention the fact that everything in the console room was scrambled strangely.

"God, what's he done now?" Terry demanded as she stumbled around the room and headed straight for the doors.

They refused to budge initially, and it took several attempts before Terry finally managed to shove the door open and she tumbled out, coughing up a storm.

"What?" Terry wondered, her eyes watering as she peered around before she realized where she was. "Oh."

She was standing in a garden beside a large countryside house that she'd never seen before but had seen plenty of times on T.V. Glancing at the intact shed in the corner of the garden, Terry realized when she was as well, just as a deep voice began to call seemingly from the sky: "Attention, Prisoner Zero. The human residence is surrounded. Attention Prisoner Zero. The human residence is surrounded."

"Ah." Terry muttered, looking back at the Tardis forlornly. Now that she'd pushed out, she was certainly not going to be able to get back inside. Not that she really wanted to... after all, meeting Amy for the – the redhead's – first time was too good an opportunity to give up. And, she'd get to meet Rory.

"I wonder where the Doctor is..." Terry mused, trying to remember the sequence of events for this episode while the Atraxi continued to call down to Earth: "Prisoner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated."

"Oh, that's right." Terry remembered, just as the front door to the house flew open and Amy came dashing out, Eleven right behind her.

"Kissogram?"

Terry heard the Doctor ask Amy even as he quickly locked the door behind him with his sonic, and Amy hissed back furiously: "Yes, a kissogram. Work through it."

The Doctor started to run from the door, before spinning back to face Amy as he asked incredulously: "Why'd you pretend to be a policewoman?"

"You broke into my house." Amy countered hotly.

'Ah, Amy.' Terry thought fondly as the Doctor whirled back towards the garden while Amy continued to rant at him: "It was this or a French maid. What's going on? Tell me."

It was at that moment, however, that the Doctor spotted Terry beside the Tardis.

"Angel!" He cried, his face breaking out into a delighted smile despite the dire situation, and Terry waved.

"Hello." She greeted, as the Doctor came running over, before he pulled her into a bone-crushing hug. "Oof!"

"You're... here! Safe, of course you're safe, it's you, young you, you're here!" He rambled, and Terry gasped out: "Can't. Breathe!"

He let go instantly, and Amy stared at them in complete bewilderment as the Doctor rambled: "Oh, right, sorry, I'm just relieved – glad! – to see you, always glad to see you, of course I'm happy to see you, where did you come from?"

"I think you need another cricket bat to the head." Terry answered dryly, eyeing the Doctor's tattered clothes. It was a good thing she didn't particularly care for Ten's brown pinstripe suit, because it was in complete ruin after Eleven's regeneration. The only twinge she felt at seeing the tears and burnt holes was in the knowledge that it was proof that Ten was now gone.

But, the Doctor – as she'd told him and he'd apparently heard while she thought he'd been unconscious – was always the same inside, no matter how he changed outside.