The Runaway Bride 2

Terry looked at Donna sympathetically as the redheaded woman stared sadly at her watch, while the Doctor busily emptied a fire extinguisher into the smoking Tardis. They'd had to have an emergency landing on a nearby rooftop when it became clear that the alternative was crashing, and it had been a chaotic escape out of the acidic smoke and flames when Terry had finally managed to land them at least somewhat safely.

"You all right?" Terry asked Donna quietly, and the redhead shook her head.

"Doesn't matter." She muttered as she turned away, Terry watching her while the Doctor finally finished up with the Tardis.

"The funny thing is, for a spaceship, she doesn't really do that much flying." The Doctor commented as he joined the two women at the rooftop edge. "We'd better give her a couple of hours."

It was then that he noticed Donna's downcast expression and Terry's slight shaking of her head.

"Did we miss it?" The Doctor asked softly, his voice much kinder, and Donna nodded.

"Yeah." She sighed, and the Doctor tried: "Well, you can book another date."

"Course we can." Donna agreed, and the Doctor added: "You've still got the honeymoon."

"It's just a holiday now." Donna answered sadly, and Terry murmured: "It's still a warm holiday."

"I suppose." Donna sighed, and the Doctor apologized for both himself and Terry: "Sorry."

"It's not your fault." Donna told them, giving them a small smile and Terry returned it while the Doctor said with some surprise: "Oh? That's a change."

Donna's smile widened just a little, before she stated: "Wish you had a time machine, then we could go back and get it right."

Terry didn't comment while the Doctor answered uncomfortably: "Yeah, yeah. But," he added quickly, "even if I did, I couldn't go back on someone's personal timeline. Apparently."

"Smooth." Terry noted, and he answered: "Are you going be to cheeky the whole day?"

"When am I not?" She countered, as Donna gave them funny looks before going to sit on the edge of the roof, staring out at St Paul's Cathedral and the city beyond that.

The Doctor and Terry watched her sympathetically for a moment, before Terry nodded at the Doctor. He removed his jacket and placed it carefully around Donna's shoulders, keeping her warm from the chilly London air, as he and Terry settled themselves beside the redhead.

Donna looked up in surprise at the Doctor's kind gesture, before she wrapped herself further into the jacket as she stated: "God, you're skinny. This wouldn't fit a rat."

Terry chuckled while the Doctor just glanced at Donna, starting to look a little amused by the redhead's sharp tongue that belied the much warmer woman inside.

"Oh," the Doctor remembered, "and you'd better put this on."

He rummaged about in his pocket before producing a simple gold ring, and Terry rolled her eyes at his timing while Donna groaned: "Oh, do you have to rub it in? I'm not taking your girlfriend's jewelry."

"It's not just jewelry." Terry explained, while the Doctor answered quickly: "It's not Terry's."

"She didn't say it was mine, she said it was your girlfriend's." Terry pointed out, just a hint of teasing in her voice.

And she enjoyed it as the Doctor squirmed, saying swiftly: "Quite right, sorry."

It was rather fun knowing the Doctor had slipped up, especially when she knew how their future would play out. Unfortunately, it was at that moment that she recalled Eleven's future, the one with River, and Terry's smile faded off her face.