School Reunion 3

The two women eventually calmed down, though by then the Doctor had given up on them and had moved over to look at one of the computers, trying to get it to work. Terry meanwhile had disappeared, asking the Doctor for his psychic paper before she left.

Rose and Sarah Jane stood over him as he worked, the former lifting a brow as she saw the Doctor glance at the door and the clock every so often as he worked.

"Doctor, she'll be fine." Rose interjected at last, and Sarah Jane looked up in surprise while the Doctor answered immediately: "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Terry." Rose said impatiently, ignoring as the Doctor shot her a look. "I know you're worried, but I'm sure she's fine."

"I didn't say she wasn't." The Doctor retorted, but Rose pointed out: "You keep looking at the clock and the door like you're worried why she's taking so long. Relax, she'll be fine. She'd want you to focus on this."

She gestured at the computer to make her point, and the Doctor pursed his lips.

At that moment, the intercom called: "All pupils to class immediately. And would all members of staff congregate in the staff room."

Rose and Sarah Jane looked up at that, and Sarah Jane gasped: "The staff. They'll be killed if they go to the staff room."

"Well, now we know where Terry's gone." Rose sighed, before she grabbed the Doctor by the shoulder as he stood up in alarm.

"Sit." She ordered severely as she shoved him back into his seat. "Terry'll be fine, she took the psychic paper. I'd bet five quid she's going to use it to get the teachers to go somewhere else."

"You're right." The Doctor realized, looking a little surprised. "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Because it's you." Rose answered, and he replied, offended: "Oi!"

"It is." Rose shrugged, before pointing at the computer. "Now hurry up, and figure this out."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terry had indeed gone after the teachers, and she stood in the entry to the hallway leading to the staff room, blocking the path firmly.

"There has been a mistake, but the tannoy's stopped working due to technical errors." She explained to the teachers who came by, flashing her psychic paper. "School technician. Now please gather outside in the courtyard for the meeting; Mr. Finch will meet you there shortly."

"We have a school technician?" One of the teachers asked, puzzled, and Terry answered blithely: "Oh, yes. Mr. Finch wanted to ensure none of the computers were ever broken so he hired me."

"I see." The teachers muttered, shrugging it off as they walked off. A new technician dressed in heeled boots and a leather jacket wasn't even the strangest thing that had happened in the last couple of months, so why would they question it?

'Humans.' Terry thought fondly, before sighing as she realized she no longer even associated herself as one of them any more. But it was kind of hard to now.

Terry glanced back worriedly when she heard snarling from the staff room, clearly the Krillitanes getting impatient for lunch. They would soon figure it out, if Brother Lassa hadn't yet, and so she quickly posted a sign on the hallway entrance to warn off any of the teachers who hadn't come by yet, before she hurried away.

She'd barely turned the corner when she heard the angry screeches from the Krillitanes, and she took off running down the corridor as fast as she could, racing for the computer lab before the Krillitanes would be able to catch her.