A Good Man Goes to War 2

"The only water in the forest is the river." Terry informed them, and Rory frowned.

"That... Idris said that." He said in confusion, and Terry looked at him.

"Yes, she should have." Terry agreed, and Rory asked slowly: "What does that mean?"

"You'll find out now that a good man has gone to war." Terry sighed, and both Amy and Rory stared at her in confusion.

But Terry wasn't looking at them anymore; instead, she was staring at the doorway to the hangar as someone appeared in the shadows.

Strax saw the movement as well, and he called sharply: "Drop your weapons!"

The soldier dropped her gun instantly, letting Strax lead her into the hangar as the Sontaran ordered: "State your rank and intent."

Amy and Rory frowned as they stared at the humanoid woman Strax was holding at gunpoint, the former in surprise, while Terry's face became grim as she stared at Lorna and Strax explained to them: "I found it listening at the door."

"Let her relax, Strax." Terry advised as she nodded at Lorna. "We need to hear what she has to say."

The Doctor strode into the control room, asking: "You've hacked into their software, then?"

"I believe I sold it to them." Dorium answered from where he sat before the control booth, and the Doctor patted the blue man's shoulder as he asked: "Ooo. So what have we learned?"

He peered at the screen, but Vastra interjected flatly: "That anger is always the shortest distance to a mistake."

The Doctor turned to the Silurian, who was standing in the far corner of the room, in surprise.

"I'm sorry?" The Doctor asked, and Vastra replied coolly: "The words of an old friend-"

Her eyes were serious, and the Doctor approached her slowly as Vastra reminded him: "-Who once found me in the London Underground, attempting to avenge my sisters on perfectly innocent tunnel diggers."

Vastra leveled a look at him, and the Doctor answered: "Well, you were very cross at the time."

"As you were today, old friend." Vastra reminded with another stern look his way. "I have not heard of you being that angry since the time with your angel."

She raised her equivalent of a brow at him and the Doctor bowed his head in acknowledgement.

"Point taken." He murmured, and Vastra nodded.

"Now, I have a question." Vastra said, getting back to business and letting a hint of her curiosity through. "A simple one. Is Melody human?"

The Doctor frowned at her.

"Sorry, what?" He asked, puzzled as he looked from Vastra to Dorium. "Of course she is. Completely human. What are you talking about?"

Vastra cocked her head slightly, her confusion apparently growing, while Dorium explained as he pulled an image up on the screen: "They've been scanning her since she was born, and I think they found what they were looking for."

The Doctor peered at the image of a DNA scan and he scoffed as he came back over to Dorium: "Human DNA?"

"Look closer." Vastra answered, and the Doctor's brows furrowed as he stared at the image. "Human plus."

Vastra came over as well as she informed the Doctor grimly while the Time Lord stared in horror at the screen: "Specifically, human plus Time Lord."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I heard her talking." Lorna insisted desperately. "This is a trap. Why would I lie to you?"