Flesh and Stone 2

The Doctor's smile dropped instantly, and his gaze sharpened on the redhead as he demanded: "Seven?"

"Sorry, what?" Amy asked blankly, and the Doctor pointed out: "You said 'seven'."

"No, I didn't." Amy scoffed, but Terry cut in gently: "Yes, you did."

The Doctor glanced at Terry before examining Amy once more. River was also watching the redhead worriedly, when Octavian called back to them: "Doctor, there's an exit, far end of the ship, into the Primary Flight Deck."

"Oh, good." The Doctor replied, glancing at Octavian briefly. "That's where we need to go."

He turned back to Amy, scrutinizing the companion while Octavian nodded and reported: "Plotting a safe path now."

"Quick as you like." The Doctor said dismissively, his attention still completely absorbed on Amy.

"Doctor?" The Doctor's comm suddenly buzzed. "Excuse me? Hello, Doctor? Angel Bob here, sir."

The Doctor pulled the comm from his pocket, getting distracted from Amy as he settled into a nearby chair while answering calmly into his comm: "Ah. There you are, Angel Bob. How's life? Sorry," he added mockingly, "bad subject."

Terry rolled her eyes at him, but the Doctor ignored the action as he tugged on her hand with his free one, pulling her onto his lap. Terry frowned at him in confusion, but he didn't seem to notice, too busy listening as Angel Bob replied: "The Angels are wondering what you hope to achieve."

"'Achieve'?" The Doctor repeated nonchalantly, feigning surprise. "We're not achieving anything. We're just hanging. It's nice in here. Consoles, comfy chairs, a forest. How's things with you?"

He grinned cheekily at Terry, who simply raised a brow while Angel Bob said darkly: "The Angels are feasting, sir. Soon we will be able to absorb enough power to consume this vessel, this world, and all the stars and worlds beyond."

The Doctor paused at that, before he said lightly: "Well, we've got comfy chairs. Did I mention?"

"We have no need of comfy chairs." Angel Bob answered, almost impatiently.

The Doctor smiled as he told Terry proudly: "I made him say comfy chairs."

Amy chuckled while Terry smiled back, although it quickly switched into a grimace as Amy said absently: "Six."

River turned sharply towards the redhead while Terry met the Doctor's gaze as he straightened up. She exchanged quick looks with him before she turned and hurried over to Amy as the Doctor rose to his feet, demanding into his comm: "Okay, Bob, enough chat. Here's what I want to know. What have you done to Amy?"

Amy frowned, puzzled, but Terry just shook her head gently at the redhead as Angel Bob replied mysteriously: "There is something in her eye."

"What's in her eye?" The Doctor demanded, pacing about impatiently and he glanced over at Terry as well as he waited for an answer.

Angel Bob replied before Terry had to: "We are."

The Doctor immediately spun to look at Amy, who asked warily: "What's he talking about?"

The Doctor ignored her as he leaned in to peer into Amy's eyes while Terry shook her head again, and Amy insisted sharply: "Doctor, I'm five."

Amy's face paled as she realized what she had said while River's face took on a look of alarm.

"I mean, five." Amy tried to correct, her face draining of all colour and Terry could only stare at her sadly while the Doctor's face turned grim.

"Fine!" Amy shouted, looking panicked. "I'm fine."