School Reunion 2

Terry walked out with Sarah Jane and Mickey, helping Mickey carry K9 while Rose and the Doctor dithered in the chip shop doorway. Terry could already feel the heat from their growing argument, and she hastened to get away quickly and let them come to terms with each other in privacy.

She and Mickey placed K9 safely inside the car boot, and Terry patted the robot dog fondly on the head while Sarah Jane watched with a smile.

"So what's the deal with the tin dog?" Mickey asked as they settled K9 in, and Sarah Jane explained: "The Doctor likes travelling with an entourage. Sometimes they're humans, sometimes they're aliens, and sometimes they're tin dogs."

She nodded at K9, and Mickey chuckled as Terry smiled.

Sarah Jane glanced at the two and she asked with no small amount of curiousity: "What about you? Where do you fit in the picture?"

"Me?" Mickey smiled. "I'm their Man in Havana."

Sarah Jane raised a brow while Mickey went on enthusiastically: "I'm the technical support. I'm..."

He broke off as he realized: "Oh, my God. I'm the tin dog."

He sat down on the car boot in shock, and Terry exchanged smiles with Sarah Jane as they patted Mickey comfortingly. Sarah Jane glanced at Terry curiously, and she asked: "And you?"

Terry smiled and she explained: "I travel around myself."

Sarah Jane raised a brow, and Terry continued: "Well, I say myself, but I always appear around the Doctor. Just... at different points in his life, though it seems restricted to the most recent period of his long life."

"Oh?" Sarah Jane asked curiously, but Terry shook her head as she admitted: "I don't even know the whole of it yet. And," she glanced back at the Doctor, "I don't think this Doctor knows it yet either. He's still rather young."

Sarah Jane chuckled as she mused: "That's the first time I've ever heard someone describe the Doctor in that way."

Terry smiled as she replied lightly: "Well, there has to be a first time for everything, right?"

Sarah Jane smiled and nodded, though she couldn't stop herself from asking: "But, what if, one day... it all stops? What would you do?"

"It's a possibility." Terry agreed slowly. "I'm not sure when that could happen, any more than you know your future. But I guess... I'd do what you had to do, Sarah Jane Smith."

Sarah Jane cocked her head, and Terry smiled as she quoted: "'Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened.'"

"Ah, Dr. Seuss." Sarah Jane laughed. "You are full of surprises, Terry Storm."

Mickey was looking thoughtful as Terry smiled too, before she suddenly stiffened as she heard a voice whisper above the wind: "Time Lord."

She looked up sharply as there was a loud screech, the others doing the same, before all of their eyes widened as they saw a Krillitane come swooping down towards them. They all ducked, the Doctor hurrying over to shield Terry with his body as the Krillitane went right for her, but the Krillitane simply swooped over all their heads before it flew off.

"Was that a Krillitane?" Sarah Jane gasped as they slowly stood back up, watching the alien bat fly off into the distance, still screeching.

"But it didn't even touch her." Rose protested, glancing at Terry. "It just flew off. What did it do that for?"

She looked to the Doctor and Terry for answers, but Terry just shook her head while the Doctor stared off after the disappearing Krillitane.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------