A Good Man Goes to War 3

The Doctor banged on the locked door leading to the hangar room, and he shouted frantically as he soniced at the door.

"Angel! Amy, she's not real! Melody, she's a Flesh avatar! Terry! Amy!"

The door finally clicked unlocked, sliding open and the Doctor rushed into the bay, at first barely even registering the numerous bodies of the Headless Monk lying in heaps all around the hangar bay.

He stopped dead, however, when he saw Rory bending over an unconscious Terry in the centre of all the bodies.

"What happened?" The Doctor demanded as he rushed over to where Terry lay, her body strangely rigid.

"I don't know." Rory answered quietly as he leant back so the Doctor could bend over Terry. "She just... she started glowing, and there was a sound - a scream that I think was her - and then she, she sort of... exploded. The blast killed all the monks."

"No, no, no." The Doctor muttered as he pressed his forehead against Terry's. "Come on, angel, come back to me. Terry, come on..."

Rory watched silently as the Doctor continued to keep his forehead pressed against Terry's while he held her unresponsive body. Slowly, however, the Time Lady's body relaxed, and the Doctor let out a sigh of relief as he straightened away from Terry for the moment.

"And Amy?" The Doctor asked, looking back at Rory who stood stiffly to the side.

"We know now." Rory answered shortly, and the Doctor bowed his head.

He could faintly hear Jenny murmuring somewhere in the back behind the Tardis, presumably with Amy, and Vastra was standing guard before the space as she watched Terry with an unreadable expression.

Rory meanwhile spotted Strax in the corner of the room, breathing heavily, and the Centurion – after one last grim look at the Doctor – moved to check on the wounded Sontaran.

The Doctor watched as Rory bent over the Sontaran, who gasped out: "It's strange. I have often dreamed of dying in combat. I'm not enjoying it as much as I'd hoped."

The Doctor's jaw tightened, while Rory murmured comfortingly: "Come on, Strax. Don't give up."

"It's all right." Strax got out gruffly. "I've had a good life. I'm nearly twelve."

"Listen to me." Rory said sternly. "You'll be back on your feet in no time. You're a warrior."

Strax sighed, closing his eyes as he breathed: "Rory," the Sontaran looked up at the human, "I'm a nurse."

Rory just continued to remain bent over Strax, helping the alien to recover, while the Doctor finally turned and got up.

Briefly leaving Terry's side, he slowly made his way over to where Amy sat on some crates behind the Tardis. She looked shell-shocked and barely even seemed to register Jenny patting her back gently.

Amy did look up, however, when she felt the Doctor's presence beside her, and as the Doctor lifted his head slowly to meet her eyes Amy murmured: "So they took her anyway."

The redhead lowered her gaze to the ground, her face blank and empty of any emotion as she muttered: "All this was for nothing."

"I am so..." The Doctor began, barely able to find the words, and he trailed off uncertainly as Amy abruptly got to her feet and glared at him with tearful eyes.

Rory came up behind the Time Lord then, and he looked between his wife and the Doctor as the Doctor got out remorsefully: "Sorry."

The tears started to stream down Amy's face, and the Doctor took a step forward to hug her, touch her shoulder, something, but he stopped instantly when Amy took a step back from him.