Journey's End

Terry landed in the Tardis; at least she thought she landed.

She couldn't really remember leaving... when had she just been again? It was as though the jump had addled her head; as though it had jolted her awake from something. But what?

Things were bit confusing... but Terry felt strangely apathetic. It was as though she were falling back into a daze. Her head was both pounding and strangely clear - a very odd sensation to be sure. But it didn't really seem to matter; nothing did, really.

Feeling strangely detached, she raised her gaze, feeling an odd dull burning in her eyes as she did, to see Ten standing just outside of the Tardis.

He hadn't seen her, and neither had Jack and Rose who stood just behind the Doctor as they faced the Daleks that had trapped them. The only one left dawdling in the Tardis, looking as strangely out of it as Terry felt, was Donna. The redhead was staring rather blankly into thin air – as though focused on something or some sound only she could see or hear.

Terry knew exactly what was going on with the companion; and she simply stayed back and watched. Waited.

"Donna!" The Doctor called from outside. "You're not safe in there!"

The Tardis doors slammed shut abruptly as the Doctor spoke, startling Donna and bringing her out of her stupor.

"Doctor?" Donna cried, rushing to the door and jiggling it but it didn't budge. "What have you done?"

"It wasn't me. I didn't do anything." The Doctor's voice protested from outside, and Donna shouted angrily and with a hint of fear: "Oi! Oi, I'm not staying behind!"

"Donna Noble."

Donna whirled around, startled, and she blinked at Terry as the Time Lady stepped forward.

"You are needed." Terry spoke, feeling a lightheaded, and her vision tunneled at the same time as it somehow became crystal clear.

Donna frowned.

"What do you mean?" She demanded. "I know you can be very vague with your hints and 'spoilers', but this is weird even for you, angel. And is that one of the Doctor's shirts? Actually, don't answer that – I don't think I want to know why that's the only thing you're wearing."

"Donna? Who are you talking to?" The Doctor called anxiously from outside, and Donna shouted back: "Terry's here; now open this door, Doctor!"

"Angel?!" The Doctor shouted, and the Time Lady's eyes narrowed.

"Time Lord treachery." A Dalek's voice sounded.

Terry bristled with loathing at the sound and her fingers twitched. However...

'Not yet.'

"The Tardis is a weapon and it will be destroyed."

There was a jolt, and Donna and Terry went stumbling as they felt the Tardis suddenly move as though it had abruptly been dropped. Which, of course, was exactly what had happened – though Donna didn't know that.

"Doctor!" The redheaded companion screamed, clutching the console for balance. "Terry, what's happening?!"

"We are about to be roasted to oblivion in the core of the Crucible." Terry answered blandly, and Donna stared at her.

"What?!" Donna gasped, and Terry added quite calmly: "Oh, do be quiet, Donna Noble. Everything is going as planned."

"What does that mean?" Donna demanded, eyeing Terry incredulously. "And why do you sound funny? Not just what you're saying, you also sound different."