The Almost People 2

"Saint John's calling." Cleaves called into the computer as the Ganger Doctor and Ganger Terry worked beside her and Amy watched anxiously. "Emergency Alpha. Saint John's calling the mainland. Are you receiving me, Captain? Come in."

There was no response, and Cleaves muttered: "We'll never get a signal through this storm."

"Try again." Ganger Terry urged as she fiddled with the controls, and the screen lost focus for a moment before coming back online.

"Saint John's calling the mainland." Cleaves called again. "Come in, this is urgent."

"We're just about reading you, Saint John's." A voice replied, and the crew's heads all lifted up in hope. "How are you doing? We've had all kinds of trouble here."

"Request immediate evacuation." Cleaves answered firmly. "We're under attack. The storm's affected our Gangers. They're running amok."

"Your Gangers?" The voice repeated in alarm, and Cleaves stated clearly: "Yes, our Gangers are attacking us."

The Ganger Doctor was listening intently, nodding along, while the two Terrys exchanged looks. The Doctor saw the looks, and he glanced at Terry as Cleaves went on: "We need you to take us off the island immediately and wipe them out."

The Ganger Doctor immediately froze, his eyes flicking to the Doctor, who's jaw tightened just slightly. He slowly lifted his head while the Ganger Doctor slowly straightened up as the voice replied: "Copy that, Saint John's. Shuttle's dispatched. Hang on."

Ganger Terry touched the Ganger Doctor's arm, and he glanced at her as she said telepathically: "All is not lost. Trust us."

She nodded at herself and Terry, and the Doctor nodded once slowly before he turned away as Cleaves called: "You'll need to airlift us off the roof of the evac tower. And Captain, any further transmission sent by me must come with the following codeword. I'm typing it, in case they're listening in."

She typed at the computer while Terry shot her a disgusted look, and the Captain replied firmly: "Got it. We'll swing in, get you out and decommission the Flesh."

The call ended, and the crew immediately moved to sit down and talk through their options. Cleaves glanced at the Ganger Doctor, and then the Doctor as he slowly walked out from behind the console with Terry. She at least had the decency to look ashamed as she turned her head away from who she believed to be the Ganger Doctor and Ganger Terry.

The two kept up appearances as they slowly moved to the far side of the room, Terry holding the Doctor's arm tightly as he stood with his hands curled in loose fists. Ganger Terry got up and joined them, taking the pair's hands in pretend comfort while the Ganger Doctor sat at the computer and typed quickly away.

Amy sat beside her beloved 'Doctor', watching him work, while the crew say behind her and discussed.

"We've got to get out of here." Buzzer said determinedly. "We are, we're going to get out."

"We're not leaving without them." Amy snapped as she turned to glare at Buzzer, who replied coolly: "I want them found too, but it's about casualties, innit? Can't be helped."

Amy frowned, turning away from Buzzer in disgust, and she glanced at the Ganger Doctor.

"What are you doing?" She asked, and the Ganger Doctor replied absently: "Making a phone call."

"Who to?" Amy asked in confusion, and the Ganger Doctor answered lightly: "No one yet. It's on delay."

"Right. Not getting it." Amy countered, before demanding incredulously: "Why exactly are you making a phone call?"