Rebel Flesh

The Doctor had turned up the music for the Ponds, playing Supermassive Black Hole by Muse, while they enjoyed a date night in the Tardis. Amy'd asked for an adventure, but Terry had finally needed to sleep after two weeks and he refused to move without her as long as she was still on the Tardis with him.

Even now, he appeared to be moping by the scanner, not joining in as Amy and Rory played darts in the corner of the console room. Amy was waiting for Rory to make his last throw, while Rory aimed carefully before throwing his dart at last.

"Forty six." Amy totaled with a sniff. "Rubbishy, rubbishy, rubbish."

"Hello?" Rory protested as he pointed at the two darts placed one on top of the other. "It's a double top."

"Wrong side of the wire, mister." Amy scoffed, while Rory countered: "You're on the oche, Red."

The Doctor meanwhile frowned as he stared at the scanner, which showed a readout of Amy's abdomen but was unable to decide if Amy was pregnant or not as it flashed 'Positive' and then 'Negative' repeatedly, again, and again, and again.

He sighed, before glancing up as there was a sound by the staircase leading upstairs, and he smiled as he saw Terry walking slowly down, rubbing her eyes and yawning as she did, though she'd managed to get fully dressed before she came down. She was wearing skinny jeans with a long white shirt over it, cinched at the waist with a belt, which she'd matched with a pair of high-heeled boots. Finally, she had a new dark leather jacket to complete her look.

"Morning." She called tiredly, ruffling her short brown hair, and the Doctor joked as he walked to meet her at the bottom of the stairs: "More like afternoon."

"We're in a time machine – it can be morning if I want." Terry answered lazily, and the Doctor chuckled: "If you want it, it can be morning forever."

"Nah, mornings are boring." Terry dismissed teasingly. "Now, evenings are fun. Right when the stars are coming out. Though Sunday evenings are rubbish."

The Doctor laughed again, shaking his head at her, while Terry glanced at the Tardis. Noting the words alternating flashing on the screen, she glanced at the Doctor who just sighed again.

"I need to get to the bottom of this." He asked, and she nodded her head as she glanced around.

"The music's on." She commented, and he looked at her oddly. "And Amy and Rory are playing darts, which Rory normally hates doing."

"Yes, Amy forced him to play with her." The Doctor said as he eyed Terry thoughtfully. "Why?"

"Nothing." She answered and he frowned.

"Spoilers?" He asked, and she laughed: "Maybe. You'll have to wait and see."

"I hate waiting." He complained, and Terry chuckled as she reminded him: "As do I, but you know I'm not allowed to just tell you things."

"You could." He suggested and she teased indulgently: "I could..."

The Doctor pouted as he realized: "But you won't."

"The one good thing about the new me, Doctor," Terry laughed, "is that despite similarities with you, I know when to curb my curiosity. Otherwise, I'd rip a hole in time..." She gave him a pointed look, and he made a face. "Several times, actually."

The Doctor pouted again, but it was at that point that Amy noticed Terry was up at last.

"Terry!" She called happily, abandoning her husband to run over to hug her friend.

Rory rolled his eyes but followed good-naturedly, while Terry chuckled: "Morning, Amy. Rory."

"About time." Amy complained while Rory returned the greeting warmly. "I wanted to go on an adventure, but you know how the Doctor is about leaving you out."