The God Complex 2

Moments after the Doctor spoke, it went completely silent outside. Terry pushed her way through as Gibbis creaked open his wardrobe, and she wrenched open the door.

"Angel-?" The Doctor began, but she'd stuck her head outside already.

Her eyes narrowed as she saw the shadow disappearing at the end of the corridor, dragging a body along behind it, and she called sharply: "Get back here!"

She took off, sprinting after the beast as the Doctor ran after her, shouting: "Angel?! Oh!"

He realized what was going on, and he yelled: "Joe! Oi, leave him alone!"

The pair raced through the corridors, which all looked identical, quickly becoming lost in the maze. Terry knew they wouldn't be able to make it in time, but... she'd hoped. She really had.

"Joe!" She shouted, and the Doctor echoed her calls: "Joe!"

They finally came to a halt in one of the corridors, Terry stopping glumly beside the fallen die cuff-link on the ground while the Doctor walked carefully up to the slumped figure sitting against the wall.

"Joe?" He called as he approached. "Joe. Joe, what happened?"

He leaned down, checking the man's face and frowning at the pale complexion, the dead eyes.

"... Terry?" He asked quietly, and she nodded.

"He's dead." She confirmed softly as she came up behind the Doctor, Joe's cuff-link in her hand. "There was nothing we could have done for him by the time we found him."

The Doctor nodded slowly, his lips pursing in faint anger as Terry knelt beside him and the dead ex-gambler.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Joe's fear room, the Doctor soniced Joe's body as it lay peacefully on the ground, wanting confirmation on Terry's diagnosis.

Rita poured out some tea in the kitchenette, while Rory said thoughtfully: "If we can wedge a chair under the door handles, that should stop anything from getting in."

He glanced at Terry, who just shrugged non-committedly. Rory did so anyways, grabbing a chair and following Howie as he urged the young man to roll a table over to add more strength in barricading the door.

Rita meanwhile poured Gibbis a warm cup of tea, before calling to the rest: "Guys, tea over here."

Terry walked over to the Doctor, leaving Amy to console Gibbis as she knew only the redhead – who shared his fear of the Angels – could.

"You were right." The Doctor sighed as Terry stopped beside him. "Of course you were."

"Now, what are you going to do?" Terry asked, and he glanced at her.

"What do you think?" He asked, his tone purposefully light as a small smile danced on his face.

But Terry saw right through him, and her own expression was serious as she said sternly: "Doctor, remember Demon's Run?"

His face instantly darkened, becoming grim, while Terry continued: "I haven't done it yet – if I do it, that is."

He just nodded once, and she continued: "But, remember what you learnt then."

"Don't let your temper or ego get the best of you, Theta." Terry warned telepathically as the Doctor frowned at her. "The Oncoming Storm can be terrifying as the avenging knight... but most times, we need the Doctor."